Everything is Political

kanafani

Re: Everything is Political

Post by kanafani »

rischka wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:45 pm greenwald is around the bend imo. going on tucker carlson pushing this bogus hunter's laptop story is just sad. maybe fox will give him a show tho
Well... He would go on MSNBC and CNN, but they won't invite him anymore because he does not follow the Russiagate Kool-Aid orthodoxy. And the hunter stuff is not entirely bogus. Set aside the drug and sex stuff that is of no interest. There are really sinister elements of nepotism and corruption around the story.
rischka

Post by rischka »

yeah i get that but a laptop that rudy has and no one else is allowed to see is not evidence. wonder if biden is giving hunter a white house job

why does everyone say russiagate isn't a thing? because republicans wouldn't impeach trump? i think it's pretty well established. but maybe i'm dumb

the senate select committee on intelligence headed by republicans confirmed it however. it'll be fun to see what else they're hiding
Last edited by rischka on Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:lboxd: + ICM + :imdb:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

CAUTION: woman having opinions
kanafani

Post by kanafani »

rischka wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:24 pm wonder if biden is giving hunter a white house job
Lol what that would be hilarious. Like an embassy for example. I think they’ll just hide him somewhere for the next four years.
Last edited by kanafani on Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rischka

Post by rischka »

The committee fills in the gaps somewhat. It reports that Manafort and Kilimnik talked almost daily during the campaign. They communicated through encrypted technologies set to automatically erase their correspondence; they spoke using code words and shared access to an email account. It’s worth pausing on these facts: The chairman of the Trump campaign was in daily contact with a Russian agent, constantly sharing confidential information with him. That alone makes for one of the worst scandals in American political history.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ax/615373/

anyway i'm gonna stop now getting a headache again lol

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Post by ... »

Tucker Frickin' Carlson dropped the Hunter Biden story, Fox News wouldn't pick it up, and the Daily Caller, A Tucker funded conservative "answer" to Huffpost looked into it and found nada. Hunter surely did get his job because Biden was VP, but there was no evidence in the tainted harddrive that Biden himself was involved with anything or got any payment from it. Biden is weak tea, but just accepting insinuations from Giuliani-sourced info is exactly the kind of thing that leads to breakdown of social bonds.
Last edited by ... on Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kanafani

Post by kanafani »

rischka wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:24 pm
why does everyone say russiagate isn't a thing? because republicans wouldn't impeach trump? i think it's pretty well established.
The impeachment was about blackmailing Ukrainian officials, not russiagate. Russiagate was investigated by muller, and ultimately did not lead to finding anything connected directly to trump. It was blown way out of proportion, a convenient and lucrative way for msnbc and friends to deflect their epic historic failure in 2016. Journalists daring to question the russiagate dots that were being wildly and speculatively connected were shunned by the mainstream media. You can read russiagate stuff from greenwald, Taibbi, Aaron mate and others for a healthy dose of Skepticism on the subject.
rischka

Post by rischka »

they didn't find anything connected to trump because he lied and obstructed justice daily. come on. roger stone was the intemediary for the big email hacking that has now given birth to the Q monster. seems pretty serious to me

mueller even said: they did not pursue criminal charges because barr had determined that a sitting president cannot commit a crime

yeah i can't stand those guys so no lol. everything is hillary's fault ok. but her campaign manager was sharing risotto recipes while trump's was communicating with a russian agent

'hunter's laptop' is a product of rudy's continuation of the impeachable offenses.
Last edited by rischka on Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ANTIFA 4-EVA

kanafani

Post by kanafani »

greg x wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:49 pm but just accepting insinuations from Giuliani-sourced info is exactly the kind of thing that leads to breakdown of social bonds.
You don't have to accept anything from stupid Giuliani to acknowledge that this is not a non-story and that it won't go away. The guy peddled his dad's position to seek and get money and influence, and there are legitimate questions about his dad's involvement, even if they eventually amount to nothing. Instead there was a generalized effort to censor and bury the story completely. Breakdown of social bonds, really? This is a legitimate story. I don't care what tucker and Giuliani el al said and did, I don't follow any of these freaks, but there's still something there, and the way the story was disposed of guarantees that it will be exploited and turn nasty.
rischka

Post by rischka »

yeah i am quite sure they will immediately start impeachment proceedings if/when they regain the house at the midterms

this system is irreparably broken. biden isn't responsible for the actions of his adult son
Last edited by rischka on Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ANTIFA 4-EVA

kanafani

Post by kanafani »

rischka wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:09 pm they didn't find anything connected to trump because he lied and obstructed justice daily. come on. roger stone was the intemediary for the big email hacking that has now given birth to the Q monster. seems pretty serious to me

mueller even said: they did not pursue criminal charges because barr had determined that a sitting president cannot commit a crime
Look, they investigated the hell out of it and it resulted in not much at all. If it was such an overwhelming case, then where is all the incriminating evidence? Way overblown, rachel maddow could have used those hundreds of hours for something more fruitful, but then again this allowed her to increase her viewership and make lots of money, so hurray for her.
rischka wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:09 pm
yeah i can't stand those guys so no lol.
lol fine but it won't hurt you if you read something that pisses you off once in a while!
rischka

Post by rischka »

we still haven't been allowed to see the full mueller report. i wonder why

everything pisses me off now

ANTIFA 4-EVA

kanafani

Post by kanafani »

rischka wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:21 pm we still haven't been allowed to see the full mueller report. i wonder why

everything pisses me off now
except me, right? :D
rischka

Post by rischka »

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Post by ... »

I just read the same sort of "inference" from a Trumpist who used it not only to insinuate Biden did "something", though nothing of course concrete, but that all the major news media were obviously in the tank for Biden for sitting on such a "important story". That's pretty much the common refrain now, the choose your own narrative adventure path in selecting "unbiased" media, meaning ignoring anything that doesn't fit one's preconceived notions of what the story should be. Every single Trump fan I've talked to about media, and that's unfortunately been a goodly number, says the same thing, all media is biased so you can't trust any of it, except of course for their own favored podcasts, which don't actually investigate or report, just opine on the info major news organizations report on. That's the path to QAnon shit too if taken just a little further, judging from some of these idiots, truth is hidden and only revealed to those who "get" the right secret hints that slip past that singularly aligned cabal of media types.

It's not of course that the news is free from bias in framing, it'd be almost impossible to imagine otherwise as a story requires some sort of frame to it that has a perspective attached, or that there aren't instances of outright falsehoods in reporting at times, that is also unavoidable in an industry so big, but there's still a step from that to then taking favored inference as th4e equivalent of proof, or allowing insinuation to be treated as reasonably as fact that must not be crossed since that is a major connecting thread of society. You throw away shared ideas of acceptable fact and there is little left to use to convince others as the common bond is lost. You can't address climate change when there are too many people who choose to deny it even exists cuz their preferred podcast host is a doubter.

Oh, forget it. I should have stayed away from this thread.
kanafani

Post by kanafani »

greg x wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:41 pm I just read the same sort of "inference" from a Trumpist who used it not only to insinuate Biden did "something", though nothing of course concrete, but that all the major news media were obviously in the tank for Biden for sitting on such a "important story". That's pretty much the common refrain now, the choose your own narrative adventure path in selecting "unbiased" media, meaning ignoring anything that doesn't fit one's preconceived notions of what the story should be. Every single Trump fan I've talked to about media, and that's unfortunately been a goodly number, says the same thing, all media is biased so you can't trust any of it, except of course for their own favored podcasts, which don't actually investigate or report, just opine on the info major news organizations report on. That's the path to QAnon shit too if taken just a little further, judging from some of these idiots, truth is hidden and only revealed to those who "get" the right secret hints that slip past that singularly aligned cabal of media types.

It's not of course that the news is free from bias in framing, it'd be almost impossible to imagine otherwise as a story requires some sort of frame to it that has a perspective attached, or that there aren't instances of outright falsehoods in reporting at times, that is also unavoidable in an industry so big, but there's still a step from that to then taking favored inference as th4e equivalent of proof, or allowing insinuation to be treated as reasonably as fact that must not be crossed since that is a major connecting thread of society. You throw away shared ideas of acceptable fact and there is little left to use to convince others as the common bond is lost. You can't address climate change when there are too many people who choose to deny it even exists cuz their preferred podcast host is a doubter.

Oh, forget it. I should have stayed away from this thread.
greg, dude, so I'm a Trumpist now? Just pretend for a second that we have the same story, but it is trump instead of biden, and don jr instead of hunter. How would have the media/twitter/facebook dealt with it? Would they have paid it perhaps a tad more attention? Again, I am not saying Biden did anything, I'm just pointing out that it's worth looking into, certainly more than it was looked into by "respectable" outlets that were willing to go into elaborate flights of fancy when it came to trump and russiagate. I mean shouldn't we apply the same standards to everyone?

Anyway, I hope I'm not pissing you off too much, certainly not my intention. I'm personally not upset, though I confess I am a little bemused by the intense response.
rischka

Post by rischka »

yeah i'm done here too. the press is the enemy of the people for wanting some kind of verifiable evidence

also pretty obvious trump campaign was desperately trying to replicate the comey email drop that turned the election last time

ANTIFA 4-EVA

kanafani

Post by kanafani »

Doesn't matter what the trump campaign was trying to do with the material and what bullshit they made up. Sorry, you still can't just dismiss this, there's more than enough here to pursue. Where was this sacred obsession with verifiable evidence when it came to Trump and pee tapes and russiagate? We owe it to our selves to keep our heads and not be driven by passion. Just because we hate trump does not mean we have to check our brains out when anything touches his adversaries.

Post by ... »

I'm not mad at you kanafani, nor saying you're a Trumpist, just that their response to events, news, whatever, is very much tied to Trump's preferred method of insinuating something is true without having to provide any proof. That's the very thing he's using right now in contesting the election and declaring a unelected second term. Hints of fraud but no evidence of any sort because there is no such evidence, but people still believe him because they want to, he fits their preferred narrative.

Hunter Biden is clearly a fuck up, but to go from that to Joe Biden being involved in something somehow sinister without evidence is something else entirely and that exact jump was made by a Trumpist on a different site to try and undermine both Biden and the entirety of the news media as a suggestion there is a hidden truth "someone" doesn't want you to see. If there's real evidence of Joe Biden doing anything wrong, by all means report it, but that type of insinuation without evidence is really dangerous right now, because that's becoming a network of belief for a lot of people in the US.
Holymanm

Post by Holymanm »

tbh don't name your kids hunter, ryder, shoot, or turbo. do your part to make the world a better place.
kanafani

Post by kanafani »

greg x wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:21 pm just that their response to events, news, whatever, is very much tied to Trump's preferred method of insinuating something is true without having to provide any proof. That's the very thing he's using right now in contesting the election and declaring a unelected second term. Hints of fraud but no evidence of any sort because there is no such evidence, but people still believe him because they want to, he fits their preferred narrative.
We are in total agreement. Makes total sense.
greg x wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:21 pm but to go from that to Joe Biden being involved in something somehow sinister without evidence is something else entirely
Let me try to put it another way. If I were a reporter and I find out that Hunter was getting paid X thousand dollars by a company in Ukraine while daddy was vice president, a few questions would come to mind. For example: What is this company exactly, what is its business model, who else sits on its board? How exactly does it benefit from Hunter being on its board? Was Joe aware that the company was courting his son? When exactly did he know Hunter was hired? What did he do about it? What about the Ukrainian prosecutor that Joe worked on removing from office while he was vice president? Did this action in any way benefit said company? Can this be construed as a conflict in interest, intentional or otherwise?

Set aside anything that the Trump team put forward... I believe the above is verified info that did not come from them. Isn't there enough for a interesting investigative story in there? Shouldn't this be pursued rigorously, beyond what the Biden team confirms or denies? Is this really not worth anyone's time? Has the press not obsessed endlessly about similar trump stories that had a similar or even weaker level of background and info to back it up? Has Biden been grilled about this to the same level Trump would have been? That is all I am asking. I really don't see what's outrageous about this.

Again, not saying there is a dark conspiracy to ensure that none of this info ever sees the light. After all this information is available for whoever is interested in digging. But is there any doubt that there was not much enthusiasm from the networks and other MSM in pursuing this too aggressively?
Last edited by kanafani on Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kanafani

Post by kanafani »

Unholymanm wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:42 pm tbh don't name your kids hunter, ryder, shoot, or turbo. do your part to make the world a better place.
Hey one of my kids is called turbo how dare you
rischka

Post by rischka »

guess a certain newly elected ukranian president should have investigated further huh

ANTIFA 4-EVA

kanafani

Post by kanafani »

who cares what the ukranian president did or did not do? We should hold people we live with accountable.
Silga

Post by Silga »

kanafani wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:58 pm
Silga wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:28 pm I think Susan Rice is one of the most experienced diplomats in the US and I hope that Biden will appoint her as the Secretary of State. Maybe she can rectify what Trump/Tillerson/Pompeo did.
Easy for you to say, Silga! I think the chances of her sending drones to Lithuania are slim :D
Well, for one I most certainly do not condone drone strikes resulting in civilian casualties. US is in big part responsible for the unrest in the Middle East since their manipulations with Iran/Iraq leadership and everything else that preceded the Iraq War (the single most despicable war crime of the 21st Century). Do I hold everyone in Congress who voted for it equally responsible with Cheney, Rumsfeld and Bush? Well I do not. Those members of Congress with enough sanity and consciousness admitted their guilt for allowing it. Although, I doubt I'll ever see Cheney and his crew held responsible for it. That's just life. I mean Putin hasn't been held accountable for all the atrocities of Russia's regime.

One of the most important issues in Middle East is understanding that the most sinister threat in the region is Saudi Arabia. It is a country that finances terrorism and through extensive connections to the US Military Complex - benefits from every US Warfare move. Saudi Arabia always had Republicans working for them. Bush Sr. even went to work for Saudis after his presidency.To create a better image of Trump, they even made this circus of a peace treaty between Saudi's surrogates and Trump's pal Netanyahu (not sure if I should pity the people of Israel or maybe they deserve him if they elected him again). Rice criticized the United States' close relationship with Saudi Arabia after the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, Saudi Arabia's human rights abuses, Saudi Arabian-led intervention in Yemen and Saudi Arabian-led blockade against Qatar.

Rice also criticized Trump's decision to withdraw US troops from Syria and how US betrayed Kurdish forces.

As for Palestine, even this year Rice reiterated her support for the Two-State solution and opposed annexation of Palestinian land.

It was Obama's administration who reached the Iran deal and Trump destroyed it. Maybe, just maybe there is a path to find more common ground between US and Iran with the change in the White House.

Also, during Trump's term, US have damaged important ties with United Nations and EU. I'm sure Biden (and possibly Rice) will reinstate these connections and rejoin United Nations Human Rights Council and Paris Climate Accords.
MrCarmady

Post by MrCarmady »

Glenn Greenwald is a professional contrarian/troll at best and a Putin apologist at worst. It's like the quote from the article PH shared:
"The United States of America is the main imperialist force of the entire world and the most genocidal state in human history."
Really? Really really? Really really really?
America should be held accountable for interning Japanese-Americans during WW2, firebombing Tokyo, unleashing nuclear hell on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, destabilising the entire South-East Asian region followed by an equally awful gambit in the Middle East, alongside coups in Nicaragua, Iran, etc., don't get me wrong, but 'American imperialism gets a free pass' morphs into 'American imperialism is worse than anything anyone has ever done anywhere' which is just nonsense, and allows tyrants like Stalin and Mao in the past, and Assad / Putin / Xi Jinping / Kim-Jong Un in the present to get partial rehabilitation which is disgusting. It's like these people are picking a football team. Similar arguments fly with Israel, a clearly racist and militarist regime but one that wouldn't even rank in the bottom 3 of the fucked up places in that region, just because they're an American ally.
"...have you actually seen any movies?" ~ DT
:lboxd: ICM
kanafani

Post by kanafani »

MrCarmady wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:19 pm Glenn Greenwald is a professional contrarian/troll at best and a Putin apologist at worst.
Come on, he's done great work. Just to name two contributions, the edward snowden story, and his reporting on Bolsonaro and operation car wash. I started following him in his Salon days, during the war on Iraq. He was one of the few sane people in those dark days. You don't have to agree with everything he says, but journalism would be in better shape if there were more people of his caliber.
Silga

Post by Silga »

There is no doubt that Greenwald is paid by Russia. Although, he doesn't seem to be very effective. Maybe they don't pay him enough or maybe he's reached his ceiling.
rischka

Post by rischka »

kanafani wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:00 pm who cares what the ukranian president did or did not do? We should hold people we live with accountable.
point being if there was so much evidence why not have the FBI investigate it. trump has all the levers of power

i certainly hope a certain orange blob is gonna be held accountable. i have serious doubts though. also the party that continues to empower him.

thousands of ballots are stacked up at the post office and won't ever be counted because of these fuckers

THAT'S THE REAL MASSIVE VOTER FRAUD FOLKS

anyways i'm watching taste of cherry now and ignoring the news 8-)
Last edited by rischka on Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ANTIFA 4-EVA

flip

Post by flip »

what are the actual facts about the biden story? as best i can tell, hunter got a job. yes, because of who his father was, but that's not a crime, and hunter biden isn't running for office.

as for the rest of the story, i mean, maybe there's something to it, but it all seems very suspect. the media can't report on it because it can't see the evidence, and the guy who had the supposed laptop won't talk to anyone any more. it's not a coverup. it is a weird story: giuliani has meetings in ukraine with russian operatives during the impeachment trians (that was widely reported at the time), russia then hacks into burisma, then a few months later this story emerges of a delaware computer repair guy macisaac who is legally blind, so he can't testify to who dropped off this computer, and the video recordings of the dropoff were all erased, but macisaac claims it's hunter biden, and for some reason he never explains he looked into its contents and contacted the fbi. and the guy is a rabid trump supporter. who won't say whether he was in contact with giuliani before or after receiving the supposed laptop, and who contradicted himself multiple times in the one interview he did. of major news outlets, only fox news and wsj have even been given access to the evidence, and they both concluded there was nothing there.

so is this really a story we can be confident has substance to it? i can't rule that out, but it seems a stretch.
rischka

Post by rischka »

thank you

ANTIFA 4-EVA