kinoeye quotidian

sally

Re: kinoeye quotidian

Post by sally »

holy crap. and there's me getting excited because i finally found the bronze age burial cairn near me that winter solstice lines up with a big stone.

and those bird photos? how on earth do you get them? do you have to hide in a bush for hours? i can't even stalk a heron.

i don't need mountains in my lockdown tho, not when i have bog enough to scare me silly. literally if i'm 5 miles from anywhere on my own i think the zombies are coming (dalai lama tweeted the other day about imagining you were lost in the middle of nowhere and you see a stranger approach how happy and joyful you'd be, no. i'd think rapist and walk faster in the other direction)

rischka

Post by rischka »

i wish we can trade landscapes for awhile. it's fire season here

the secret w the birds (it took me awhile to catch on cuz i'm slow) -- the guide was using recorded bird calls on his phone, esp a certain hawk that made all the birds fly up, something that is banned in our national parks as it's traumatic for them. feel bad about it, retroactively
:lboxd: + ICM + :imdb:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

CAUTION: woman having opinions
sally

Post by sally »

rischka inspired me with her bird photos! tbh don't think i've quite got the hang of it yet

rischka

Post by rischka »

:? yeah...the owl is imaginary. the birds aren't actually killed

ANTIFA 4-EVA

serri

Post by serri »

i've resumed sharing photos after a hiatus - https://serriform.tumblr.com
sally

Post by sally »

the heather has bloomed! seas and seas of purple. so i will be failing to watch many movies because i have to go and look at tiny flowers

augusto

Post by augusto »

started visiting an old haunt (neighborhood park) again. still avoiding people, just not the sky.

rischka

Post by rischka »

good to see you out and about vikram :)

it's very hot here and i was bored so i got a hummingbird feeder. it's kinda cheating

now i'll be inspired to upgrade my phone :)

ANTIFA 4-EVA

pabs

Post by pabs »

Lovely pics. Is pablito still doing ok?
rischka

Post by rischka »

pablito died 😢probs from moving him too much. i have some new baby cacti this year tho. i'll name one after you lol

ANTIFA 4-EVA

pabs

Post by pabs »

rischka wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:15 am pablito died
As will I, too, eventually. Thanks for giving him the best chance of survival. Only so much you can do.
rischka

Post by rischka »

got another hummie feeder and they're emptying both before sundown. they'll have to wait til morning, my cat is demanding enough. i took this with my new samsung phone. looks kinda weird, gotta get used to this camera. was trying to film them earlier and one flew right at me lol.

ANTIFA 4-EVA

sally

Post by sally »

i thought, if i can't have the fairytale magic city of prague at least i have the woods, so went out looking for cool fungi. typical. none. apart from what was growing around this random chappie by the river. more enid blyton than brothers grimm

also, why oh why would someone build an arch into a wall on top of sheer rock. the path i took it from was there when the wall was put there, so it's not like it's been relandscaped. just why. why

Lencho of the Apes

Post by Lencho of the Apes »

Could it be a drainage thing?
The opposite of 'reify' is... ?
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

Lencho of the Apes wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:30 am Could it be a drainage thing?
yes, that's what i also thought. tho i wish the arch was built with no function at all.
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

twodeadmagpies wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:36 pm the fairytale magic city of prague
to somewhat correct this idealistic notion i evoked in the other thread, let me show you this.
and you will see Prague is a city of horror (not only in October, pic was taken in July) inhabited by ruthless criminals & cowards!

once walking on Prague's street caught my attention this lovely scene of a puppy on the balcony...

then my gaze slid down a bit, i could behold the puppy in the whole context and i was terrified...

maybe you think the inscription is in English and thus i took the pic in London and now i am trying to fool you it's Prague, but it was truly taken in Prague, one of the headquarters of the international puppy fur & leather business.
despite it is obvious the puppy is calling for help, i didn't call police (i didn't urge the cops to raid the house), i just walked out to save my own skin.
Last edited by niminy-piminy on Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sally

Post by sally »

Lencho of the Apes wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:30 am Could it be a drainage thing?
jiri meetsTheCreeper wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:23 am yes, that's what i also thought. tho i wish the arch was built with no function at all.
you're probably right, although there's nothing on the ground beneath, but there is also the chance it is some real folly. back in the early 1900's the whole length of the woods was zig-zagged in ancient-looking stone paths and steps by unemployed men as some sadistic job creation scheme. could possibly have been a cruel twist

sally

Post by sally »

jiri meetsTheCreeper wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:48 am
twodeadmagpies wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:36 pm the fairytale magic city of prague
one of the headquarters of the international puppy fur & leather business.
aargh, even pordenone silent film festival is keen to submit mysterious evidence

note the suspicion of canine activity on the right-hand sign (GO LEFT!)

niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

twodeadmagpies wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:47 pm aargh
well, local puppies are treated badly but at least the death comes fast. real pity deserve Prague's swans who never raise head over the surface of the river Vltava and just sniff the cocaine sediment at the bottom (thus following in the footsteps of eels)...
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news ... t-animals/

i made hundreds of such pictures (this is just a sample)...
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

twodeadmagpies wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:19 pm i am allergic to strawberries.
i inherited from grandparents a small weekend house in a village in Eastern Bohemia and made a whole plot one big strawberry field (because nothing is real and nothing to get hung about) and appointed as a guard of all my strawberries this mighty and responsible frog...
Last edited by niminy-piminy on Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

speaking about a frog guarding my strawberries, it reminds me that, while walking the streets of Prague, you can reach a door, guarded by these two elderly Atlases (they are hiding their mermen fishtails in between the bricks of the wall)...

it is the entrance into the "Nuntiatura Apostolica" (of the city of Vatican). above the entrance you can notice a coat of arms with the depiction of a majestic beet and two pears below (what's the symbolic meaning i don't want to speculate)...

however, the truly disturbing things are happening rather in the neighborhood. on the roofs of the neighboring houses are present (in leisure poses) 3 feminine hyksos (with glowing heads). the first one holds a flower pot...

second holds a shield (hyksos' coat of arms). tho the posture suggests the shield can be used as an astral skateboard as well. third holds a gun...

this third femi-hyksos is closest to the Nuntiatura Apostolica (in gun-reach to anyone entering the house, guarded by the two Atlases)...

here is the whole picture (Atlases down-left, girl with a gun up-right, and in between the Vatican flag waving proudly)...
Last edited by niminy-piminy on Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rischka

Post by rischka »

that is bizarre and delightful, exactly how i imagine prague :)

ANTIFA 4-EVA

sally

Post by sally »

okay this isn't my eye, but i love these. even all the films i've seen from china make it seem a little alien sometimes, but these are so....familiar. take away the climate and i'm pretty certain i've ambled round such shitty streets somewhere. and some of these houses are in a worse state than mine!

altho this guy on the bike is classic china
https://youtu.be/v6t_tG_RWhg?t=858

and this too
https://youtu.be/r_HUvsBF9Bg?t=531
sally

Post by sally »

this one in wuhan is amazing. la la la, pan round, see guy just sat there in a wheelchair. la la la....filmed december 2019 and someone hacking their guts up coughing at the end...(and then they all got covid and died) in fact, this is going on my horror movie list

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpDHJG_50ig
rischka

Post by rischka »

i love these!~ esp the alleys. mother and i once got lost in a huge bazaar in cairo. i'll probably dream about that tonight

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Lencho of the Apes

At a huge bazaar in Jalisco, my host wanted to get rid of me for a little while, so he suggested I go to the farmer's-market blocks and look to see if anyone was selling peyote.
rischka

Post by rischka »

did you find any?

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Lencho of the Apes

niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

i just stumbled upon two pictures i made in summer 2011.
1/ First shows how a typical doorbell in Bohemia looks like.
2/ Second shows Prague Castle from a somewhat unusual pov (it is hiding in between the rooftops of some other buildings downtown). Usually, it is depicted (in full splendor) in a view over the river with medieval Charles Bridge at the forefront.

Last edited by niminy-piminy on Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

This i also captured in 2011. All taken at the same spot (a little square called Špitálek, situated in my East Bohemian hometown). The first footage is a May Day communist rally ("Choreography of the Class Struggle: 2E03171FRANTA2E01949ARNIKA") and the second & third is a celebration of consumerism ("Class Struggle Game Over: Let Us Be Merry!" & "Class Struggle Game Over: Juchu!"). A great deal of my life i inhabited a house adjoined to Špitálek square, so i was regularly harassed by events like these (footage is mute, but the events were usually very loud). Those of you who live in the United States might be somewhat perplexed by the color tinge. However, in Middle Europe, we associate with left-wing politics red color and with right-wing blue (as opposed to your red Republicans and blue Democrats). Everything is a mess! Everything is topsy-turvy!

2011 Špitálek Trilogy:
1/ 2011May01 Choreography of the Class Struggle: 2E03171FRANTA2E01949ARNIKA
https://youtu.be/hs41kv9fMH4
2/ 2011Aug12 Class Struggle Game Over: Let Us Be Merry!
https://youtu.be/I3co49UT7Jo
3/ 2011Aug12 Class Struggle Game Over: Juchu!
https://youtu.be/97QewpoL69I
Last edited by niminy-piminy on Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.