Everything is Political

Monsieur Arkadin

Re: Everything is Political

Post by Monsieur Arkadin »

I have a lot of friends and people I care for in Palestine. None in Gaza, which is a tiny, morbid, upside. If I hear “blue no matter who” ever again, I’ll probably lash out at the speaker physically.

The dems have always supported bloodshed if it buttresses their imperialist agenda. Asking me to vote for someone who will gladly kill my friends and then telling me I’m voting “from a position of privilege” if I refuse is the worst kind of neoliberal psychopathy.

I’ve lost a lot of friends this month because I’ve refused to be quiet about it. I don’t actually believe my voice has helped at all. But I want to go down screaming.
rischka

Post by rischka »

there's a huge rally in DC today; i think this is a big problem for the dems

there are even signs of revolt inside the state department. i hope someone has a plan

#1 - netanyahu has to GO

it's surreal reading gravitys rainbow on the verge of ww3
:lboxd: + ICM + :imdb:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

CAUTION: woman having opinions
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

prettyboy ,prettyboy ,prettyboy
flip

Post by flip »

oh i get what you meant. damian was a fascist progressive, so he believed some of the right things for the wrong reasons. what bothered me about him was that he argued for good positions so badly.

how confident are you that the quotes in the first half of that tweet are real? i can't find any source for them.
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

jerusalem post is a zionist pub yeah? https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-771991

that's the crazy thing these days, they say psychopathic shit but don't realize they're psychopaths, so they don't realize they should be hiding this
rischka

Post by rischka »

Trump made them all loud and proud

I could enjoy him on trial more if he didn't appear destined for a comeback despite everything 🙄

ANTIFA 4-EVA

flip

Post by flip »

yeah the netanyahu quote is real for sure, it's the hitler quote that i can't find anywhere. and to be clear, i'm obv not defending israel, they've been guilty of crimes against humanity for years, but back when damian was comparing them to nazis, they weren't engaging in the kind of systematic extermination that was the defining quality of the nazi program. that may have changed, i'm not well-informed about what's happening right now
rischka

Post by rischka »

Habba, in a Newsmax interview Monday, said James doesn’t have a good case. However, Judge Arthur Engoron already ruled that the fraud occurred, and the ongoing trial is set to determine damages.

“She’s just not that bright. I’m sorry, I have to say it,” Habba said. “I’ve seen their case; I’ve seen their lawyers. They don’t know what they’re talking about.”

She argued that what the judge ruled is fraud is actually industry standard behavior.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-ba ... trial/amp/

OK it's still pretty funny as she's the one who filed trump's suit against hillary, comey and the DNC
Dismissing all of Trump's claims, Middlebrooks concluded that Trump's complaint was not just inadequate in any respect, but rather was inadequate in all respects, and expressly reserved the right to consider sanctions against Trump's attorneys at a later date.
she was later sanctioned by the court to the tune of $50,000:
The judge held: "No reasonable lawyer would have filed [the lawsuit]. Intended for a political purpose, none of the counts of the amended complaint stated a cognizable legal claim."
hey at least she's no longer calling ms james 'that black bitch' after being sued by a former employee for racist behavior. ms habba describes herself as 'very religious' :?

NYAG 'NOT THAT BRIGHT' SAYS LAWYER SANCTIONED FOR FRIVOLOUS LAWSUITS

her 100 million dollar suit against the new york times was also dismissed for "fail[ing] as a matter of constitutional law".

ANTIFA 4-EVA

nrh

Post by nrh »

Curtis, baby wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:32 am that's the crazy thing these days, they say psychopathic shit but don't realize they're psychopaths, so they don't realize they should be hiding this
as far as i can understand the current mess -

netanyahu is barely holding onto power, has been since his "comeback," and in order to keep a coalition together is basically relying on incredibly fringe right wing politicians.

which is one reason why the israeli security apparatus was preoccupied with protecting right wing settler militias in the west bank during the october 7th attack (it's becoming increasingly clear that hamas military leadership was as shocked and confused as anyone by how far those attacks went), despite the us asking them for years to kind of simmer down with all of that.

but then, like modi assassinating a canadian citizen on canadian soil, it is becoming increasingly clear that any state that the us considers important for its strategic interests can pretty much do whatever they want with little more than a light scolding behind closed doors...
rischka

Post by rischka »

Netanyahu led a mock funeral procession shouting 'death to rabin' just months before rabin's assassination in 1995. asked to tone it down in the face of credible threats, he declined

his behind-the-scenes support for hamas assured there would never be a meaningful dialogue for peace

this is his 9/11 and he'll 100% use it to cling to power

not unlike Trump who is already planning to institute martial law if there's any blowback at his second inauguration

maybe Jared will come through and win a Nobel peace prize. Trump is still mad he didn't get one for chatting up Kim Jong un

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

but then, like modi assassinating a canadian citizen on canadian soil, it is becoming increasingly clear that any state that the us considers important for its strategic interests can pretty much do whatever they want with little more than a light scolding behind closed doors...

and after the skripal poisonings and the bone saw murder who can blame him

ok back to movies

ANTIFA 4-EVA

flip

Post by flip »

rischka wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:33 pm OK it's still pretty funny as she's the one who filed trump's suit against hillary, comey and the DNC
a while back i read some of the court filings by habba and friends, and they're hilariously awful. she has to be one of the worst lawyers in the country, but i guess when everyone with a brain knows trump doesn't pay his lawyers, the only lawyers trump can get are ones without brains
rischka

Post by rischka »

he recently said his lawyers might not be the best but they are the best looking :lol:

i'm relieved to see the 'supreme' court is leaning toward upholding gun restrictions on domestic abusers today as it could've gone either way in this broken country

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

flip wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:40 pm
yeah the netanyahu quote is real for sure, it's the hitler quote that i can't find anywhere. and to be clear, i'm obv not defending israel, they've been guilty of crimes against humanity for years, but back when damian was comparing them to nazis, they weren't engaging in the kind of systematic extermination that was the defining quality of the nazi program. that may have changed, i'm not well-informed about what's happening right now

ohhh gotcha. no, the hitler quote is not real (the idea translated better on instagram, where i showed the hitler quote then you have to click through to see that it's actually netanyahu). my general premise was that if you showed someone that quote with names blanked out it just sounds like the most cliche deranged antisemitic conspiracy theory

the thing about damian tho, is like, in 1940 nazis weren't engaging in systematic extermination either. but when we look back now we're like "wasn't it fucking obvious that that was the long-term plan? how else would they rid europe of this group of people they routinely described as subhuman?"

i don't think damian had any great foresight or anything. there is for sure a bit of an "even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes" element to his comments on israel. but one thing i've been thinking abt (i have been thinking about damian WAY TOO MUCH these past few days, lemme tell ya) is that damian did have an absolute, unflappable distrust of all power and privilege. i used to think that was just because he, well, had no power at all in his own life and was very much on the outskirts of society. and honestly, maybe that was why. but it's something i want to keep in mind moving forward
wba

Post by wba »

Curtis, baby wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:08 pm
flip wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:40 pm
in 1940 nazis weren't engaging in systematic extermination either. but when we look back now we're like "wasn't it fucking obvious that that was the long-term plan? how else would they rid europe of this group of people they routinely described as subhuman?"

Your image and quote are kinda misleading cause: Well, if you want to draw a parallel, it's Hitler - Hamas obviously. Both want to exterminate all Jews.

Where Netanjahu fits in I'm not sure. But I'll give you a clue: he definitely doesn't want to exterminate all jews.

As for Damian, he was crazy as fuck. That doesn't mean his distrust of any authority was wrong. Distrust of any authority can never be wrong. But Damian was ideologically blinded while raving about other people being ideologically blinded (as far as I remember). Which is pretty idiotic. Like Netanjahu.

I hope we can all agree that the world would be a better place without Hamas and similar terrorist organizations - and without Netanjahu.

In an ideal world we could just teleport ISIS, Taliban, Hamas and other terrorists (including all their supporters) as well as Putin, Trump, Netanjahu, Xi, Orban, Meloni, etc. (and all their supporters) on an isolated island where they can fight it out in person as long as they please, while they leave the rest of mankind alone. I also assume that would solve the problems of overpopulation as well, cause I think it would teleport a few billion fanatic idiots on that island. Or better yet: teleport them on another planet.

But the reality is: many people are evil and the ones who are not have to suffer as well. Maybe that's the point where "blind squirrel" damian found a nut as well. But that's not really difficult to understand or realize.
"I too am a child burned by future experiences, fallen back on myself and already suspecting the certainty that in the end only those will prove benevolent who believe in nothing." – Marran Gosov
Monsieur Arkadin

Well, if you want to draw a parallel, it's Hitler - Hamas obviously. Both want to exterminate all Jews.

That ignores the structure of the Holocaust in favor of the individuals. Hamas hasn't put any Jews in concentration camps, Israel has done this with Palestinians. Hamas hasn't created Jewish ghettos, but Israel has done this with Palestinians (I lived in one of them. Sometimes Israel just turned off my water and I'd drink out of bottles and go without showering for days, until they decided to turn it back on.) Hamas doesn't roam the streets demanding to see Jews' papers in order to prove they have a right to be here. Israel does this to anyone who even vaguely looks Arab. I was once detained for hours at Ben Gurion airport "because I had too many Arab names" in my phone contacts.

Hitler hated Jews, but also Roma, and Gays, Blacks, Poles, Communists, etc. The problem with Hitler is not that he hated Jews in specific. The problem with Hitler is that he singled out a group of people based on ethnic background for extermination. This is clearly also Netanyahu's M.O.

People clutch their pearls about Hamas claiming "from the river to the sea" but ignore that this is also in the Likud party's official platform (just saying that from the river to the sea will be only Jewish). The difference is Likud is in control of Nukes, and one of the most well-funded military apparatus in the world. Hitler and the Nazis were not a rag-tag group of rebels fighting an authoritarian Jewish state... and I think it's actually anti-Semitic to suggest they were. So the Hamas comparison there is just silly.

The closest comparison to Hamas' violence against Israelis is The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, or FLN's attacks on French colonizers in Algiers.

I hope we can all agree that the world would be a better place without Hamas and similar terrorist organizations - and without Netanjah

I don't like Hamas. But they're a liberation party. And to ignore the colonial context of Israel is intellectual malpractice. Hamas exists to liberate Palestine from Israel. And all liberation parties are terrorists to those currently in power. I think Hamas has made great tactical and moral errors. But I also think they have a right to those tactical and moral errors because they're the ones being put in an impossible position by Israel, and all the other viable Palestinian Liberation parties have been successfully destroyed or watered down (including the once powerful (and much better than Hamas) PFLP, partially led by Kanafani who was assassinated by Israel). Israel gave us nothing but Hamas, so we have to accept the cards we've been dealt.

Hamas won the Palestinian elections, and are the only Palestinian party with anything close to a mandate. When I lived in Palestine I was under the PA which is currently controlled by Fatah. For my own selfish reasons, I certainly enjoyed living under Fatah's governance a great deal more than I would have Hamas's. The second Palestine is Free, I'll gladly join a chorus of criticisms against Hamas every time they do something wrong (and I'm sure they will. When they won the election in 2006, their first order of business was to attempt to ban Rock and Roll music.) However, until then the problem is with those CURRENTLY posessing actual power, and that is clearly Netanyahu in specific and Israel in general.
Last edited by Monsieur Arkadin on Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pabs

Post by pabs »

Hey, looks like Bill Palmer was right, as usual, and all those polls are indeed wrong. Democrats keep beating Republicans in all the crucial elections.

Trust Bill Palmer, rischka. You really need to realise you have nothing to worry about. As long as people like you turn out to vote, the Republicans are kaput.
wba

Post by wba »

Monsieur Arkadin wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:07 pm Well, if you want to draw a parallel, it's Hitler - Hamas obviously. Both want to exterminate all Jews.

I don't like Hamas. But they're a liberation party. And to ignore the colonial context of Israel is intellectual malpractice.
Well, if I look at some of the goals of Hamas, they don't sound like those of a "liberation party" at all. Unless you think that the Taliban in Afghanistan were "liberators" as well, that is...

I'm quoting a bit from Wikipedia here:

- Destroying Israel and establishing an Islamic theocracy in Palestine is essential
- Unrestrained jihad is necessary to achieve this
- Negotiated resolutions of Jewish and Palestinian claims to the land are unacceptable

The Covenant proclaims that Israel will exist until Islam obliterates it, and jihad against Jews is required until Judgement Day. Compromise over the land is forbidden. The documents promote holy war as divinely ordained, reject political solutions, and call for instilling these views in children."

So you think Likud and Netanjhau would like to destroy and kill all Palestinians and they want a holy war against all Muslims?
That would be the equivalent to what Hamas are trying to achieve.

As for Hitler: yes he hated many different peoples. So Hamas are not as "bad", cause the "only" hate Jews and don't have the necessary means to achieve their genocidal goals? Are you kidding me?

And shouldn't we all be as worried that Hamas has won the last election (meaning people actually support what they are doing!) as we are worried about Netanjahu winning several elections that people also seem to support what he is doing?
Monsieur Arkadin wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:07 pm Hamas hasn't put any Jews in concentration camps, Israel has done this with Palestinians. Hamas hasn't created Jewish ghettos, but Israel has done this with Palestinians (I lived in one of them. Sometimes Israel just turned off my water and I'd drink out of bottles and go without showering for days, until they decided to turn it back on.) Hamas doesn't roam the streets demanding to see Jews' papers in order to prove they have a right to be here. Israel does this to anyone who even vaguely looks Arab.
So you mean to say there are (Israeli) Jews living in Hamas controlled territory and not being harassed by Hamas? As are the 1.6 million Palestinian citizens of Israel, comprising about 20% of the total Israeli population, who are constantly being harassed? And Jews in Hamas controlled territory can roam the streets freely without needing papers in order to have the right to be there?
I'm just asking, cause I'm neither Jewish nor Muslim nor Christian nor Israeli nor Palestinian, so I don't have any "side" or any "beef" with anybody in this matter.
"I too am a child burned by future experiences, fallen back on myself and already suspecting the certainty that in the end only those will prove benevolent who believe in nothing." – Marran Gosov
flip

Post by flip »

Curtis, baby wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:08 pm ohhh gotcha. no, the hitler quote is not real
oh i see i totally misunderstood what was going on there

damian was simultaneously mistrustful of power and authority, and inconceivably credulous about facebook memes produced by russian propaganda farms, if those memes supported his worldview. my point simply being that his mistrust all pointed in just one direction.
Monsieur Arkadin

So you mean to say there are (Israeli) Jews living in Hamas controlled territory and not being harassed by Hamas?
Very much not what I mean to say. What I mean to say is what I said. It's not happening with Hamas, and it is happening with Israel. The comparison is apt because of the structure of power and how that power is used. It has nothing to do with the specific groups of people that a specific organization likes or dislikes.

I'm quoting a bit from Wikipedia here:
The source of your quotes is not from the Hamas charter in 1988, but rather an "Analysis" of the charter by Bruce Hoffman, currently a professor at Reichman University in Israel. He has worked with the CIA, and was an advisor on counteracting attempts at liberation from the U.S. occupation of Iraq by Iraqis. I'd be careful of taking that analysis too seriously.

Even if you do, however, that charter is no longer even in effect.

The actual current Hamas charter says these key things (in my opinion, with my emphasis):

Palestine is a land that was seized by a racist, anti-human and colonial Zionist project that was founded on a false promise (the Balfour Declaration), on recognition of a usurping entity and on imposing a fait accompli by force.

1. The Islamic Resistance Movement “Hamas” is a Palestinian Islamic national liberation and resistance movement. Its goal is to liberate Palestine and confront the Zionist project. Its frame of reference is Islam, which determines its principles, objectives and means.

2. Palestine, which extends from the River Jordan in the east to the Mediterranean in the west and from Ras al-Naqurah in the north to Umm al-Rashrash in the south, is an integral territorial unit. It is the land and the home of the Palestinian people. The expulsion and banishment of the Palestinian people from their land and the establishment of the Zionist entity therein do not annul the right of the Palestinian people to their entire land and do not entrench any rights therein for the usurping Zionist entity.

16. Hamas affirms that its conflict is with the Zionist project not with the Jews because of their religion. Hamas does not wage a struggle against the Jews because they are Jewish but wages a struggle against the Zionists who occupy Palestine. Yet, it is the Zionists who constantly identify Judaism and the Jews with their own colonial project and illegal entity.

If you're interested in reading the full charter it can be found here: https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/hama ... ument-full
Pretentious Hipster

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

I've had former friends agree with me on how evil Israel is, until Hamas did that attack. Then celebs starting posting and those same friends would read them then tell me "Palestine has to lose because of Hamas". It's good riddance at this point tbh. And I thought people lacked intelligence with both times Iraq got attacked... this is even weirder.
Pretentious Hipster

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

Monsieur Arkadin wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:07 pmI don't like Hamas. But they're a liberation party. And to ignore the colonial context of Israel is intellectual malpractice. Hamas exists to liberate Palestine from Israel. And all liberation parties are terrorists to those currently in power. I think Hamas has made great tactical and moral errors. But I also think they have a right to those tactical and moral errors because they're the ones being put in an impossible position by Israel, and all the other viable Palestinian Liberation parties have been successfully destroyed or watered down (including the once powerful (and much better than Hamas) PFLP, partially led by Kanafani who was assassinated by Israel). Israel gave us nothing but Hamas, so we have to accept the cards we've been dealt.
I have a feeling that in the future this will be seen as the same thing as stuff like the Haiti Revolution, and John Brown. I'm sure a lot of people found them absolutely disgusting when it was at the present day, but are now considered liberators hundreds of years later.

Some youtubers I watch all said a very similar point: it's easy to say that for past events, but they clearly don't have the guts to support Palestine now, or are racist. This also shows the very grim picture as to how Hitler became popular in the 30s. I mean, did you see some of the comics and propaganda Israel made? It's full on the same as the kind of stuff Nazis made. Like this post for example:

rischka

Post by rischka »

government shutdown in 8 days

the christian nationalists are loading every bill with anti-abortion measures and refusing to pass the farm bill unless food assistance is cut drastically

nearly 70% of republicans believe the US should be a 'christian nation' in opposition to the constitution's establishment clause

like jesus said: fuck the poor. those whom god favors, have money

instead of something useful they're subpeonaing biden family members, reducing the white house press secretary's salary to $1 and impeaching the secretary of homeland security, under a bush era law that says the border must be secured - no illegal entries or contraband. naturally this is impossible

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

"In honor of our great Veterans on Veteran’s Day, we pledge to you that we will root out the Communists, Marxists, Fascists, and Radical Left Thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our Country, lie, steal, and cheat on Elections, and will do anything possible, whether legally or illegally, to destroy America, and the American Dream. The threat from outside forces is far less sinister, dangerous, and grave, than the threat from within. Despite the hatred and anger of the Radical Left Lunatics who want to destroy our Country, we will MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

-- speaking of people who sound like hitler :?

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

Mr. Musk, who bought Twitter last year and renamed it X, has faced increasing criticism that he has tolerated and even encouraged antisemitic abuse on his social media platform. He has attacked George Soros, the financier who is a frequent target of antisemitic abuse, and threatened to sue the Anti-Defamation League, a rights group that has highlighted the rise in antisemitism on X.

On Wednesday, Mr. Musk went further when he agreed with a post from an X account accusing Jewish communities of pushing “hatred against whites that they claim to want people to stop using against them.” Jewish people are now “coming to the disturbing realization that those hordes of minorities that support flooding their country don’t exactly like them too much,” the account added.

“You have said the actual truth,” Mr. Musk replied to the post.
a good example of anti-semitism not anti-zionism. a lot of people seem confused. i don't think elon is confused. this is 'great replacement' theory or 'white genocide', the idea that jews support immigration to dilute the voting power of white christians.

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

it gets me how biden is 80 and 'totally out of it' but george soros is 93 and some kind of diabolical mastermind.

ANTIFA 4-EVA

flip

Post by flip »

the appeal court hearing on the trump gag order is live right now (it will be available on youtube, us court of appeals for the dc circuit), trump's lawyer had a good first five minutes then got torn apart by the judges. i like all three of them, but judge millett in particular is a genius
rischka

Post by rischka »

“First of all, we’re not shutting down everyone who speaks,” she said. “This is only affecting the speech temporarily during a criminal trial process by someone who has been indicted as a felon.”
yeah she's good. treat him like any other accused felon. ofc she doesn't count because she was apppointed by obama (wish we could argue this for trump's appointees)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-67470549

meanwhile in argentina :? a self described anarcho-capitalist has been elected. critics call him 'el loco.' trump says he'll 'make argentina great again'
He has also proposed cutting welfare payments and slashing bureaucracy by closing the ministries of culture, women, health and education, among others.

In a round of media interviews following his election win, he said he would privatise Argentina's state energy company, YPF, and the country's public broadcasters.

"Everything than can be [put] into the hands of the private sector, will be in the hands of the private sector," he said. However, Mr Milei added that before YPF could be privatised, it would have to "rebuilt". He did not say how long that process could take.

The president-elect also announced that public works would be "cut down to zero" and those already in progress would be put out to tender so that "there would be no more state spending".

On social issues, he wants to loosen gun laws, abolish abortion - which was legalised in Argentina in 2020 - and allow the sale and purchase of human organs.

ANTIFA 4-EVA

flip

Post by flip »

yeah, the trump lawyer's argument just ignored the fact that trump is subject to criminal process. he also didn't seem to even understand the concept of a hypothetical, and like half of the questions judges ask in these appeal court cases are hypos. i liked how incisive millett was when the trump lawyer tried to spin her questions like a tv lawyer
jal90

Post by jal90 »

rischka wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:35 pm meanwhile in argentina :? a self described anarcho-capitalist has been elected. critics call him 'el loco.' trump says he'll 'make argentina great again'
Oh yeah. He wants to close the health, education, culture and nine other ministries, but intends to keep security, justice, defense and internal affairs. Everything that means giving power to the repressive forces of the state seems fine and perfect to him. As usual, there's nothing anarcho in so-called anarcho-capitalism, and much of the old fascism.