everything is you

rischka

Re: everything is you

Post by rischka »

green tea and water. had to give up black tea after the kidney stone incident :( i drink coffee at work and alcohol very occasionally these days
:lboxd: + ICM + :imdb:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

CAUTION: woman having opinions
rischka

Post by rischka »

ooooh new page. i am everything and everything is me 🎵

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckWTYFK-66Y

ANTIFA 4-EVA

niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

❤️From everything to nothing💔” here’s another poem I wrote in high school
https://youtu.be/aso0qlkWBJM
greennui

Post by greennui »

I need a big handle on a coffee mug in order to fully enjoy my coffee, need that firm steady grip.
grabmymask

Post by grabmymask »

I’ll throw in my two cents about soda and chips.
Fav chip: Pringles Wavy Fire Roasted Jalapeño
Fav soda: Peach Fanta
:lboxd:
pabs

Post by pabs »

I tried kiwi strawberry Snapple while on holiday in New York years ago and it instantly became my favourite manufactured drink.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find it anywhere where I live, and it's been years since I've had any.
thoxans

Post by thoxans »

i lovelovelve getting my head washed by the girl who cuts my hair, but i hatehatehate it when my hair is cold and wet and she combs it down the back of my neck
Searchlike

Post by Searchlike »

I like watching clouds more than I like watching movies
aka FGNRSY
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

thoxans wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:58 pm i lovelovelve getting my head washed by the girl who cuts my hair, but i hatehatehate it when my hair is cold and wet and she combs it down the back of my neck
i don't think i'm going to pay for haircuts anymore. i kept having difficulty explaining what i was trying to do with my hair to stylists. like i'm trying to grow something odd (i have a widow's peak i'm trying to hide), and they cut off too much cos it'll look weird otherwise, i get it. but i'm able to just do a bit of trimming every day or two so i can gradually do it. but i was having trouble cutting the back of my head. anyway i went for a professional haircut a couple of weeks ago and hated it. it looks so... generic. when i was doing it myself, it was my EXACT vision. very ME. i just gotta figure out a way to trim the back of my head better

i also like the idea of cutting my own hair. it's like, i would never hire someone to pick out my clothes for me. wouldn't even have a professional do it for free. why am i having someone else style my hair??
prettyboy ,prettyboy ,prettyboy
Searchlike

Post by Searchlike »

I cut my own hair too, I figured if somebody was going to fuck it up every time it better be me so I wouldn't have to pay for it
aka FGNRSY
MrCarmady

Post by MrCarmady »

i cut my own hair for the first time a few weeks back and it looks okay but i think i'll leave the job to professionals in the future.
"...have you actually seen any movies?" ~ DT
:lboxd: ICM
Silga

Post by Silga »

For sodas my favourites are Sanpellegrino Sparkling Fruit Drinks - Aranciata, Aranciata Rossa and the best one Melograno & Arancia. But I'm mad that they only sell these three tastes here in Lithuania. There are others I'd like to try: Chinotto, Clementina, Limone & Menta.
I don't like Coca-Cola or Pepsi and can't even remember the last time I had one of these. But I like Dr. Pepper!

As for chips (or Crisps as British call it) I fondly remember Prawn Cocktail from the time I lived in London. They don't sell it here. :cry:
But I don't eat chips often. When I do, I prefer Paprika or Tomato flavour.

I don't drink alcohol nearly as much as I used to. This past 'pandemic' year I barely had any.
I can't stand wine. There's almost nothing worse for my taste buds than red wine. I can politely have a sip of white wine as to not start a whole conversation on why I don't drink wine. Not a fan of vodka or tequila either.
I love gin. But I rarely have it with tonic. I prefer Gin and Juice, just like the great composer Snoop Dogg. I usually go with my favourite cranberry juice by PAGO brand with lime on the rocks. Simple and perfect. Bombay Sapphire is a popular choice, but I also like Hendrick's or Tanqueray.
Whisky is another favourite, although I'm not well-versed with brands here so I go with popular ones like Glenlivet.
I'm also very fond of Baileys Irish Cream.
For beer I usually go with IPA, but a nice, tasty lager can do the job as well. In Lithuania we've got a lot of great small breweries that make amazing beer and lately I turn to them. But there's a wide variety of choices from around the world. There's even a bar in the old town called "Alaus biblioteka" (Beer library) where you go to 'read' beer.
From teas I only drink black tea with no milk and no sugar. For coffee I just have a strong pre-ground coffee, usually illy brand, with no sugar, but milk or cream is a must.
nrh

Post by nrh »

love coffee and used to drink it religiously but now that i'm into my 30s i find i can't stomach it that well, the saddest part of aging so far.

one of the great things about nyc is great cocktail and wine bars, and the ability to try new things is part of the appeal, so it's something i've definitely missed over the last year (not to mention the ambience and sense of social space). my neighborhood has like one great neighborhood bar for every block and miss those too, especially as a place to read and write, but beer is beer and i enjoy it as much at home as elsewhere when all is said and done. alewife just opened their new brewery a few blocks away and they are great, but most of their beers are like 8% or higher and that's just a tough sell for me at the moment...

i do love bourbon and rye but haven't really figured out a way to fit them into my life at all in the last half decade or so.

i actually like getting haircuts, but finding a barbershop you like is definitely difficult (and it is expensive). can't say i've cut my hair over the last year but i have hacked away at it in order to keep it somewhat manageable.
Silga

Post by Silga »

I always enjoy going to a barbershop. I found a great one and have been going to the same place for almost 7 years. My barber, who is Turkish, has already learned Lithuanian and speaks better than a lot of other foreigners who lived here their whole life.

I wonder how much y'all pay at the barbershop? I pay €23 for haircut. Shave or Beard modelling is another €23, but if you get a haircut too, when it's €38 + tips.
nrh

Post by nrh »

i definitely pay too much for haircuts (like 40-50$ before tip) but usually just get one every 6 months or so.
sally

Post by sally »

i had to limit my coffee drinking, it was getting silly. so one blissful cup inhaled in the morning and that's it (1 sugar and full fat milk or cream) actually i do have a grinder but either i was using the wrong beans or my palate is an implacable abyss, because i never noticed much difference. and i don't even have any idea what i'm drinking at the minute because a local shop has a whole library of beans & roasts & blends, and you make your selections and then they deliver it but they just write the country of main origin on the packet so at the moment i'm drinking 'cuba'. but have more enjoyed 'blue' which i assume is sumatra-based and not blue mountain because that's 10x the price.

rest of day is green tea and water. only do soda when i'm watering down the scotch or rum (don't do beer or wine) rum is my favourite, i can pretend to be a pirate and it's corrupted sugar (bad princess) that's also the colour of sunshine

& i love the idea of hairdressers, but i hate the stupid incessant conversations you have to have
nrh

Post by nrh »

that is why i'm glad to have found the right barber shops - for a year or two i just had the best quiet older venezuelan man with a ruiz mustache, i don't think he ever so much as asked for a name....
greennui

Post by greennui »

I remember a conversation with a hairdresser in which I described a work place incident as 'surreal' and she went 'i don't know that word' and I kinda froze and couldn't explain what the word 'surreal' means. Anyway, I'm way more satisfied with my haircuts these days. I constantly used to show half-arsed suggestions that would always end up meh but nowadays I just tell all the ridicously good looking blonde hairdressers that I can't tell apart at my local hairdresser to just do something that they think would suit me.
sally

Post by sally »

i can't wait for hairdressers to open up. am gonna go full ginger again (not a colour i've ever managed well at home) sabine azema here i come
nrh

Post by nrh »

as a natural born ginger who would like to think of himself as a sabine azema or a stephane audran type but who has repeatedly been taunted by young children in the street with the name "ed sheeran" (i am not a handsome man but i do not look like ed sheeran) i wish you luck.
sally

Post by sally »

mad! people still do that? i was ginger (by choice) for a few years and it was the best colour i ever had. and no one ever taunted me at all. maybe this is because ed sheeran actually grew up two streets away from my house. (but we do not mention it much because we have better people to mention)
greennui

Post by greennui »

I was seriously considering Thin White Duke redness for a while but I bailed out, probably for the best.
sally

Post by sally »

i have a friend who is naturally ginger & i just text her and asked when was the last time some stranger yelled at her for her hair colour and she said 'two weeks ago'. and yet i went around as a teenager with almost an entire rainbow, bits shaved off, micro-braids (before anyone had ever said cultural appropriation) and god knows what else, but people want to yell at ginger. this is why i don't like people.
nrh

Post by nrh »

in all fairness this was when i was in a neighborhood that still didn't have that many white people in it (i was one of the first gentrifiers) so there may have been some degree of innocent ethnographic fascination. but still the ed sheeran comparison can't help but sting.
Searchlike

Post by Searchlike »

twodeadmagpies wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:04 pmthis is why i don't like people
Best one-liner so far, wholly agree, gingers rock
aka FGNRSY
rischka

Post by rischka »

i did p good on the carbs thing for a month but recently the temptation of bread is too much. avocado toast for breakfast today

i also might have eaten some pizza last week :oops:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

thoxans

Post by thoxans »

no matter what, i still prefer a one-handed backhand to a two-
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

Was listening to some Droog the other day he's like "giving more backhand compliments than tennis fans"

Fire
prettyboy ,prettyboy ,prettyboy
thoxans

Post by thoxans »

i’m a diligent turn signal-user and people who don’t use their blinkers are undeniably assholes sorry not sorry
Holymanm

Post by Holymanm »

thoxans wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:02 pm i’m a diligent turn signal-user and people who don’t use their blinkers are undeniably assholes sorry not sorry
what about people who sit in their car in front of their house, with their high beams on, for five minutes while waiting for something.... blinding you walking 4 blocks away... blinding you 3 blocks away... blinding you 2 blocks away... blinding you for the rest of time