2021: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

MrCarmady

2021: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Post by MrCarmady »

Talk 'aboot' pumping iron and so on here!
I'm a runner, of sorts, hoping to run my first marathon in 2021, but wanna get into weights as well, beach body and so on. I also like playing football and tennis, badly. What's everyone here do to stave off the inevitable decay of the body?
"...have you actually seen any movies?" ~ DT
:lboxd: ICM
Holymanm

Re: 2021: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Post by Holymanm »

pre-this-year: hockey 3-5 times a week, gym (weights) 2-3 times a week
now: sit around and eat family sized Extra Stuffed Layz chip bags by the cart callisthenics (push ups, squats, chin-ups, etc) 2-3 times a week, some little exercise bike/rowing cardio 2-3 times a week

...gimme some hockey and gym already here :-x
thoxans

Post by thoxans »

walk my dogs. property i live on has easily a mile of trail. really really miss tennis. would play every day of the week, if i had a hitting partner. used to play golf semi-frequently (is that exercise? no. no, it's not), but haven't in the past year. used to go to the gym 4xweek, but haven't for the past 2.8 years. every once in a while, i lift some free weights at the house, but that's so laughably infrequent that it sounds like an outright lie, even though it's not... want to start going back to the gym post-pandemic cuz it's the environment i need for motivation
FLABREZU

Post by FLABREZU »

My 2020 goal was to bench 1.5x my body weight. I did NOT accomplish it. Maybe 2022.
john ryan

Post by john ryan »

I'm a perpetually overweight runner, as I'm also a consistent over-eater. I run between 3 and 4 times a week, averaging right over 10 miles per week. I'm trying to bump that average up to 15 miles per week in 2021. I've not been able to establish and maintain a strength routine. Trying to enlist my brother to work with me on at-home exercising.
:lboxd:
Pretentious Hipster

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

Started to get into exercise recently, but it's just playing Ring Fit Adventure. It's actually a really good motivator.