Dreams

niminy-piminy

Re: Dreams

Post by niminy-piminy »

Yesterday (before going to sleep), I started to watch ACÉPHALE aka HEADLESS (P. Deval, 1968).
I got stuck transcribing the lecture which is given in the initial phase of the film.
Transcription I posted in Zanzibar Group thread... viewtopic.php?p=28138#p28138

Then I searched for some "headless" imagery.

Then I read posts here on SCFZ in which some of you were discussing the Super Bowl.
Then I fell asleep and had the following dream...
-----------------------------------
The dream started with me being curious about the result of the last match of the soccer team Bohemians Prague.
I was told the match couldn't take place because the playground was heavily damaged by the overpopulated field-mice (the common vole).
I was invited to take a look at the damaged playground.
It looked like a place where archeological excavations are being carried out.
I was told the excavations were made to make explicit the extent of the damage.
Now, the whole extensive underground labyrinth built by overpopulated field-mice was (due to excavations) clearly visible.
The situation seemed completely hopeless.
I felt like Bohemians Prague will never ever be able to play soccer on the spot.
Officials of the club who noticed my pessimistic attitude led me to the lab (adjoined to the playground) to give me new hope.
In the lab, some experiments were carried on.
I the middle of the lab was a box.
The box seemed empty but, after a while, a field-mouse appeared inside.
At first, the field-mouse was crawling like a mouse but then it sat almost like a human, taking a lotus position (a cross-legged sitting meditation pose).
I was baffled the mouse is capable of doing something alike and I was starring at the strange creature.
Then suddenly, the mouse instead of meditating started (in a lotus position) jerking.
It was an unbelievable view, soon the whole box was sprinkled.
When the mouse was almost done, out of nowhere a huge black spider appeared in a box.
The spider was slowly crawling and infesting one by one all the droplets (produced by the yogi field-mouse) with its spider eggs.
Thereafter, I noticed the box (inside which all the appalling phenomena are taking place) is actually a cradle.
Moreover, a living human baby was inside too.
Spider and field-mouse were doing their nasty business on top of a blanket by which the sleeping baby was covered.
I started to shout, “Are you fucking nuts! Get the baby out!”
Officials of the club (in white lab coats) looked at me with disgust as if saying, “Cool down, fool! It’s science! We have to do this if we want to see Bohemians Prague playing soccer ever again.”
Now, it became clear they are all mad, so I approached the cradle myself intending to save humanity (in the form of a sleeping baby).
I have no clue if I succeeded, I woke up.
Last edited by niminy-piminy on Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
rischka

Post by rischka »

i dreamed (among other things) that i was very hungry and found a box of cereal at the back of my cupboard and ate it all lol

a carbs dream!!
:lboxd: + ICM + :imdb:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

CAUTION: woman having opinions
MrCarmady

Post by MrCarmady »

Just woke up from a dream where I'd been attacked by a tiger who for some reason was left to roam a suburban petting zoo unattended. I'm gonna sue the shit out of those guys
"...have you actually seen any movies?" ~ DT
:lboxd: ICM
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

2015 poll viewing No10:
2015 ROLLING (Apichatpong Weerasethakul)
The other day I dreamt.
I was in a foreign land, a vast country which was a mixture of cities.
I was not alone.
https://youtu.be/lGVXnvgxseE
sally

Post by sally »

i just keep dreaming i go to commercial chain coffee shops and ordering tasteless lattes. (i haven't gone more than 10 miles from my front doorstep in a year now, and there's only quirky independents locally)

altho the other day i did have a dream that was entirely stones. large flat stones worn smooth by rivers, many different stones of those type, from many different angles.

i need some kind of life back
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

tonight i dreamt i was at my east bohemian cottage and suddenly noticed about half of the roof is missing roof tiles.
sky was dark (rain most likely approaching).
---------------------------------
i didn't visit the place for 2 months already (due to lockdown — theoretically i could travel there because it is my official dwelling place and my workplace is here, but i skipped the adventure).
i still hope to spend my pension there, so i guess i should go to inspect the roof rather soon.
Last edited by niminy-piminy on Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

due to watching JOURNEY TO ROME (with museum guard as the main protagonist) and recalling my drawing classes in the early 1990s, i had the following dream tonight.
--------------------------------------------------
in my dream, i was an amateur painter and i had a friend who worked in the National Gallery as a museum guard.
my friend held the opinion that to push my artwork to a higher level i need to get professional advice.
he invented the scheme that when the next exhibition in the National Gallery will be prepared we will hang my paintings in one of the service rooms and he will drag by a trick the chief curator of the National Gallery into that room — thus exposing him to my artwork (and possibly making him pass out some professional opinion).
so, when the preparations of the new exhibition of the old masters was in action, we secretly hanged on the walls in one of the service rooms about 20-30 paintings of mine.
the room was stuffed with brooms, buckets, detergents, floor rags, etc., etc., and my artworks.
as i peeked in the other rooms (exhibition halls) of the museum, looking at old masters, and comparing them with my oeuvre hanging in the service room, i fully realized how amateurish my paintings are.
i felt ashamed and became convinced it was not a good idea to make the scheme with dragging the chief curator into the service room to expose him to my paintings because i felt i know my paintings (maybe with 2-3 relatively decent exceptions) are not at all good — knowing this even by myself (without anyone's professional opinion).
but it was too late!
i saw my friend is walking next to the chief curator of the National Gallery (who is inspecting the newly arranged exhibition) and he is mildly navigating him towards to door of THE service room.
they reached the door, my friend suddenly opened it and uttered to the chief curator, "oh, look what's inside! there are some more paintings hanging on the walls!"
the chief curator entered the service room, just fleetingly scanned all the walls, and then walked right towards those 2-3 paintings i considered relatively decent.
especially one of them caught his attention.
i was a painter oscillating on the margin between realism and abstraction (leaning more towards abstraction) and mostly being a gestic artist who is applying thick pastose layers of color on the canvas.
but there was one exception — the painting that caught the attention of the professional critic.
it was painted in a very delicate manner depicting 6 seashells and a few more vague nature objects — maybe some pebbles and alike (i guess i tried to be a bit an epigon of Josef Šíma in this particular painting).
as opposed to the thick pastose layers of color of the other (rather abstract) paintings, those seashells were painted very gently — i neatly applied several very thin layers of various colors and the seashells looked really charming.
the chief curator of the National Gallery was still holding the painting in his hands and kept scrutinizing it with a focused stare — without uttering a single word (he almost seemed mesmerized).
i felt the situation is awkward and i was urged to say something (to break the awkward silence).
so, i said, "here i applied several very thin layers of colors. as opposed to the other pieces that i painted in a gestic manner — as if painting the walls of a room."
the chief curator didn't raise his eyes (he was still staring on seashells) and responded in an enigmatic tone of voice (as if uttering some deep truth), "yes, colors need to be applied in very thin layers. never apply colors as if painting the walls of a room!"
then he hanged the seashells painting back on the wall and left the service room.
suddenly, i felt that the idea to do this trick on the chief curator was actually not that bad.
i felt i got the clue how to become a real artist.
i have to discontinue the gestic way of painting and should not lean more towards the abstraction.
instead, i should make my paintings by gently applying several very thin layers of colors and depict with the utmost delicacy items that will vaguely resemble various natural objects (like seashells or pebbles for example).
i became convinced that in this way i can become an acclaimed painter and i woke up.
Last edited by niminy-piminy on Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
sally

Post by sally »

i have no idea what i was dreaming last night but i woke up this morning by saying the word 'sublunary'. it's been so long since i've come across that word i had to check its meaning but am now wondering whether i accidentally tuned into my own secret stage instructions
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

it made me check the dictionary too and i see the phrase it offers (so one can get familiar with the usage) is...
the concept was irrational to sublunary minds
that brings me back to the "haphazard travels" project.
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

Cos they under this Moon? Fire word
prettyboy ,prettyboy ,prettyboy
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

if you build a house on the Moon and climb to the attic (of this moon-house) you are already above the sublunary level.
luna (moon) + attic = lunatic = above sublunary.
sally

Post by sally »

last night i dreamt i was in bed with two scrumptiously hairy fellas when marlene dietrich and sting burst into the room and did an awful attempt at some operatic yodelling duet. and then she proper snogged me, which i was not into.

i don't think dreams mean anything
rischka

Post by rischka »

😂

ANTIFA 4-EVA

sally

Post by sally »

rischka

Post by rischka »

she'll get you, even if it's from beyond the grave...

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Lencho of the Apes

Post by Lencho of the Apes »

Let me send someone from the happier part of the dream to help you fight her off.Guardian angel or something.
3 RR.JPG
3 RR.JPG (64.36 KiB) Viewed 1540 times
The opposite of 'reify' is... ?
sally

Post by sally »

oh my, what a fine fortress of fuzz. i'd weave my fingers into it and tug, and then maybe just purr at it. i've never met a man that hairy in real life :(

i've been having really vivid dreams lately (eg last night a lengthy one involving a semi-nude greek wedding, snarling carnivorous tapir babies, jean-pierre léaud being all meta and pointing out i was dreaming using a movie camera, and only-socked stepping in runny dogshit eugh) i think this is because i have new neighbours next door and they are smoking a ton of 'jazz cabbage' 24 7 and the smoke is seeping into my house so much my eyes are stinging...but if it means guardian angels like that! i may sleep more....
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

AFO - Academia Film Olomouc (Programme Section: Short Competition)

No21
NIGHT FAIR (Cynthia Naggar, Gueze, 2020) 6m
Asleep or awake? An experimental journey through REM and non-REM brain activity sleep phases.
Unique alliance of art and science, the experimental film Night Fair focuses on brain activity through the different cycles of a night's sleep. Through voice mail, media artist Cynthia Naggar and sound designer Gueze collected the dreams of citizens. These are ingeniously combined with graphic and sound representations generated by algorithms from anonymous medical data.

https://youtu.be/DH9AtdshoMQ
Pretentious Hipster

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

I don't think I can go back to sleep

I was walking up an escalator and entered a place that is drinking bar after bar after bar, and then I stumble on a GIANT room of public washrooms.

I get attacked there. For what felt like an eternity there's me going through tons of torture. I think at that point I knew I was in a dream to an extent. To get out I then gotta go through the worst one involving shit, and vomit. I went through it and recorded it as my way out. When the torture starts, I hear those same 3 notes.

Someone tried to kill me and I ended up showing him the video when he said that would be my way out. He didn't accept it because he said it wasn't been in 24 fps and low quality. I then heard those 3 chords, and had the ability to put him through that torture instead. I'm starting to see that the torture was called tiao mon.

I just wanna get out now so I'm trying to clean the body up, then I keep hearing giggling. I go to another room and there is an Asian woman who seems obsessed with violence and torture. One again, she tries to kill me. I managed to subdue her by grabbing her barb wire whip, and then wrapping it around her and squeezing her to death with it. She then dies and I go back to cleaning up the first body. I then hear someone walking. I just want to get out, so I just carry what I cleaned so far, run away through a bunch of bars and then slide down the side of the escalator.

I then hear "hey!". I look up. It's her with her body still wrapped up, with her just smiling. She then says "do you know what's one thing I always wanted to try? Tiao mon!" I then hear those three chords.

I wake up at that point.
Lencho of the Apes

Yikes.
rischka

Post by rischka »

you're playing too many video games (as someone who doesn't play video games)

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Monsieur Arkadin

Post by Monsieur Arkadin »

I almost never remember my dreams, but this one stuck, maybe because I was slowly waking up and fall back to sleep throughout.

Someone put on a 12 hour miniseries as background noise at a party starring Michel Lonsdale. It was super boring, but kind of hypnotizing. It was distinctly NOT Out 1, but it felt like it was a higher budget ripoff of Out 1. It also looked like it was from the early 2000s, but Michel Lonsdale had not aged at all. Like 6 hours in I was the only one still watching it, and I realized I didn't know the title. I check the DVD and it's (something along the lines of) "Queen of Hearts Stand Up Look To The Sky And Soar".

So I immediately recognized this title, because those are the lyrics to Miley Cyrus' "Party in the USA" (I've checked... they definitely are not). So I'm googling this movie to find out if Miley's song is inspired by it, but I cannot find any evidence that this movie exists anywhere. Not on letterboxd or IMDB. No one has ever mentioned it. All this is creeping me out, but then I wake up.
sally

Post by sally »

spent a good deal of last night's dream debating the pronunciation of the name of a new bus route/line - gigiron. potentially dʒee-dʒee-ron but as we were in yorkshire & we're hard it was decided it was obviously gig-iron

googled it on waking and it is disappointingly, given the intensity of the dream-debate, not an actual word

i mean it's not three notes or miley cyrus but we all seem to be plagued by secret codes
Pretentious Hipster

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

Had one where I was watching a Japanese documentary. Apparently some sort of seal-like creature was found near an apartment complex that a couple found and they kept a mini pool for it to survive. First they decided to put it in a jar and drop it in some farm lands where a UFC match is happening. As soon as they dropped it they landed the plane to pick it back up.

Eventually it grew up and was able to talk. The Japanese government wanted to take it to use it for the olympics so they drove it over to the airport.

They then visited the creature after a while and it said "I'm so thirsty these days. The happiest I am is at the end of the day where I get to swim in the river. I wish I could live there."

When I hope up I was so thirsty I NEEDED to go drink water asap. Perhaps this was a huge attempt to get me to drink.
DT.

Post by DT. »

I dreamed a better version of Annette featuring the cast of Jackass.

Trust me, it was the better version.
Searchlike

Post by Searchlike »

#ReleaseTheDT.Cut
aka FGNRSY
Lencho of the Apes

I'm working on training myself to remember my dreams better; it's really frustrating to see that wealth of experiences dissolve after I wake up. Main strategy is keeping my laptop at bedside to record as much as I can at the moment of waking up. Here's a couple days of dream journal' ,that only shows how fragmentary my shit has gotten lately.
9/8/2021 7 A
I was at an outdoor party of some kind, and there was a joke where people relayed a queston to me from the opposte eend of the playing field, voice over voice. When I replied, I did something playful with the call-and-response rhythm, and that somehow caused apples to fall to the ground. Canopies, corrugated tin overhead...

And there was a thing about a gift puppy in a box that was going to restore to someone their appetite for living.

9/8/2021 7 P
"Carnadas basicas, carnadas especializadas..."

9/8/2021 8 P
A line of dialogue....

9/8/2021 9 P
Two lines of dialogue. "We ate wayward and cake."

9/9/2021 4 A
Some kind of a talent-show/variety show venue. An actress did something...

9/9/2021 9 A
Elisaic and Volcaic modes. "What a beautiful mountain; what kind of music does it like?" Lighting a cigarette by touching the open end to water.
This may be the saddest message I've ever posted on scfz. I miss my nightlife.
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

my last dream that had a "plot" is the one from April (described above).
from then till now, i dreamt only in fragments as well (only fragments i could remember).
but there is one more past dream (from Novermber 2020) with a "narrative" that i didn't share yet because it is a bit too personal.
however, since i already shared the other dream of this kind (related to my deceased mom) in another thread, i guess i can share this one too.
especially, because i am becoming a sort of "scriptwriter" in that dream!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
during the day, we talked on the phone with sis.
she said she attended (together with the other sis) the funeral of JK (dad's cousin) who died recently.
he was slighltly younger than my mom, was visiting her regularly during her life, and was present at her funeral.
JK's funeral had to follow pandemic rules: 15 attendants max (18 was present), keeping distances, etc., etc.
as a side note, sis mentioned she is glad mom's funeral was taking place under normal conditions (a farewell following pandemic rules being weird).
besides, she mentioned her son (my nephew) is supposed to come for a weekend and intends to visit his granny (sis's mom-in-law) too. she is 80+ yrs old and lives in the same village as the sis's family (at not too distant place).
all of the above influenced my dreaming in subsequent night.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
most of my dream had a plot which i can't recall anymore (i just know "something" — which is blurred now — was taking place).
at one point (onwards i can recall what happened), i am riding a bike, and heading towards the place where my sis' mom-in-law lives.
i am near the spot, on the left there is a house she lives in, on the right her neighbors' foregarden.
i am near turning to left, but then i notice my mom is gardening in the foregarden on the right.
since the false awakening dream (d#2), i didn't dream about her.
this is not a lucid dream (i am not aware i am dreaming) but i am aware she is not supposed to be there because she already died.
i try to ignore her presence, hoping that this way i can avoid the "supernatural" invading my "plain reality".
however, she noticed me — she stops gardening, smiles at me, and winks towards me.
i still feel this is something "out of reality" but i am not able to ostentatiously ignore her and thus i smile back and wink to her too.
but i try not to be diverted more by the "supernatural", turn left, stop at the house (where my sis' mom-in-law lives), and ring the doorbell.
within a moment, the door opens and some lady comes out (not exactly my sis' mom-in-law but a lady near her age — about 70+).
i'm just able to say "how are you?", but suddenly my mom is also coming from the other side.
and before the lady can respond to "how are you?", mom interferes and says the lady is not really well.
actually, she has some health problems and is scheduled for a surgery in autumn (it seems, the current season is late spring or early summer — surgery is supposed to take place within few months).
and mom adds she already promised to the lady i will make a divination to reveal if the surgery will go well and also will make some healing sessions (so she can maybe recover even without surgery).
it is obvious now, my mom told the lady i am some sort of a shamanic figure who can see the future and heal the sick.
i am becoming desperate about the turn of the situation because "supernatural" is clearly taking over "plain reality" and i am slipping into some weird surreal plot.
but i am thinking i should not at any cost try to oppose the "supernatural" because otherwise (if i try to actively resist) "supernatural" will become even more induced to actively participate.
so, i agree to make divination and healing upon which the lady pulls a wallet out of her pocket and is handing me over some banknotes.
i know the whole thing is getting more and more tangled (with less and less chance to get back to "normal") but i take the money.
only now, my mom seems like achieved all she intended (the deal seems irreversible with handing over the money) and she is going back to the neighbors' foregarden to continue gardening.
once mom is away, i am telling the lady, "you know, divination and healing is much more effective if not carried on too much in advance. please, take back the money for now, i will come back later (prior the autumn) and will do all the shamanic rites you will ask for."
the lady seems okay with my proposal and is taking the money back.
i feel relieved (feeling like a scriptwriter of some film series who was told some actor/actress can't proceed taking part in the series anymore and i am supposed to bend the plot in a clever way so the viewers will not feel the figure was removed from the plot in an unnatural way — a way disruptive to the natural flow of the plot).
i feel my life can proceed now in a realistic fashion again (without my deceased mom interfering from another dimension and me acting (upon her request) like a "clairvoyant shaman-healer") and thus i wake up.
greennui

Post by greennui »

rischka was in my dream the other day. I was being chased by an unruly mob through a trailer park and she protected me. So, thanks for that, R. I pictured you having long, straight white hair for some reason.
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

https://publicdomainreview.org/essay/gr ... and-dreams
A Promenade through the Sky, the languid progression of imagery that passes through our consciousness as it recedes slowly from our quotidian reality into the private world of imagination and fantasy. [A moon becomes mushroom,] a mushroom becomes a parasol, which becomes an owl, and gradually the progression of images diminishes into a chariot pulling the horses of night into the stars… which taper off in brilliance as consciousness dims into sleep.

In The Metamorphosis of Sleep, a bird becomes cupid’s arrows, eventually a flower in a vase, then a lovely woman, who gradually fades into a garland of flowers that dissolves into a snake slithering away.