Dreams

kanafani

Dreams

Post by kanafani »

I'm on a hill looking down on a long winding road. Lots of auto-body repair shops and junkyards. I see my car going along. No one is in it. I realize I am driving it with my mind. I make it take a sharp left. I hear a crash. Suddenly I'm in a courtyard surrounded by angry people. They say they're gypsies and that I wrecked their truck with my car. They want money. I tell them I need to drive to the bank to get them some. They laugh. I wake up.
rischka

Re: Dreams

Post by rischka »

i dreamed everything was on fire. gotta stop reading political twitter before bed
:lboxd: + ICM + :imdb:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

CAUTION: woman having opinions
thoxans

Post by thoxans »

i rarely dream. gotta stop doing so many drugs before bed
rischka

Post by rischka »

LOL i dreamed my mom turned me in for piracy. we were visiting someplace and i was telling her i had a film set there or about it?? and she turned me in to the authorities :x i was looking for the film in a big rush because our helicoptor was leaving :!: but then i had to pee and woke up.

this is probs cuz my mom was always searching our stuff for weed. and now she says she wants to try it :roll:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

kanafani

Post by kanafani »

I'm walking in a street. I see a coffee shop and I go in. I go to the counter. The barista points to a backdoor. I go through the door, into a small room. There is this large oak table at the back. Many wooden crates are stacked on it. On the crates are pillows of different colors, and on the pillows there is this fat guy with a huge mustache, pouring coffee from a pot into what looks like a small eyeglasses case. There is one girl in line ahead of me. She tries to climb up, by she can't, and she leaves in tears. I look up at the guy. He is laughing. I turn around, go back to the counter, and shout at the barista: THIS COFFEE SHOP FUCKING SUCKS. I wake up.
rischka

Post by rischka »

i was in the netherlands for some reason. was gonna share pics but somehow had got someone else's phone. it was v cute but also muddy. i tried to tell someone i lived in the desert but they thought it was in new york somewhere. doesn't everyone know arizona jim? perhaps not. anyway i ended up at a film screening making out with a young joe strummer. sadly a friend of mine showed up and said she was telling his girlfriend. then i'm not sure what happened as my phone rang (irl)

ANTIFA 4-EVA

arkheia

Post by arkheia »

I was at a fancy garden party and had to watch over someone's 3-year old son. I carried him around the grounds and entertained him with stories about Dinosaurs which seemed to work pretty well until he started talking about Man on Fire, the 2004 Tony Scott film, at which point I was so aghast that he'd seen the film that I woke up.
rischka

Post by rischka »

LOL!

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Lencho of the Apes

Post by Lencho of the Apes »

Last night I dreamed I was at a banquet in that big Viking dining hall from that Sjostrom movie, and actor/director Rafael Baledon was hitting on me... then it turned into an animated cartoon and Tin-Tan was voice-acting the role of a Landlord Wolf who threatened to eat Grandma Bunny and her little ones because she hadn't paid her rent.
The opposite of 'reify' is... ?
rischka

Post by rischka »

what exactly are you eating before bed lencho. i may want to try it. (i hope you defended grandma bunny)

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Lencho of the Apes

I dreamed I was reading an essay in which someone had rediscovered an Edwardian-era comics story and was reinterpreting it as a critique of Beyoncé's film projects. The last moment before I woke up, I was looking at a panel of the comics story where a deco grapevine that was a design element (Winsor McCay style) was talking to a group of flappers in gym-shorts and tank tops, saying "I realize I'm nit-picking here, and you have every right to dismiss my concerns for being petty, but... don't you think there's something elitist and ruling-class and <b><I>last century<I><b> about this cross-country running?"
rischka

Post by rischka »

:lol: i'm guessing that, like one of my friends, you're secretly concerned that beyonce is a member of the 'illuminati'

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Lencho of the Apes

It's all that "nipple above the pyramid" imagery, Rischka.

Huh? Where you get that? I don't like it much when people assume I'm someone I'm not.
rischka

Post by rischka »

i'm only joking!~

ok i'm going to my cave to watch a western. :kisscheek: :chimp:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Lencho of the Apes

K, sorry. Big Country? Enjoy!
rischka

Post by rischka »

yikes this thing is 3 hours long? i fell asleep in the first hour :asleep:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Lencho of the Apes

James Franco did something to piss of one of his girlfriends, and she sent a tweet to her local PD with his picture and the message "Be on the lookout for this guy because he does crimes. He's like a hipster Polish guy with Downs Syndrome."
thoxans

Post by thoxans »

i had a dream last night that a director's cut of norman mailer's tough guys don't dance had been discovered, and it was like 1019 minutes long, and people started to reevaluate the film, talking about how the version that was originally released was so bad cuz it had been butchered, and trimmed down from what was intended to be a super expansive novelistic masterpiece

and i'm not jk
liquidnature

Post by liquidnature »

i'd watch it
:lboxd:
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

once i had a dream that i went to the local cinematheque and watched the music video for the smashing pumpkins' "tonight, tonight" but it starred jimmy stewart and claudette colbert

easily the best movie i've ever seen
prettyboy ,prettyboy ,prettyboy
Lencho of the Apes

I'm not sure if this was a massive anxiety dream, or my subconscious scolding me about my tendency to procrastinate. Maybe it was both.

I was a housewife in a bathrobe, drinking a soothing late-night cup of tea... and then suddenly there was gunfire coming at me from all directions, it was like a firefight in some Triad movie or something. It stopped as suddenly as it began, and I thought," well, that was not good. I'm riddled with bulletholes, and there's probably enough shrapnel in me that I'll clank when I walk... but it's too much trouble to deal with this now, I'll figure it out in the morning. Probably the AM Edition newspaper headline will say 'OMG WWIII! ENTIRE PLANET DESTROYED OVERNIGHT!' "
thoxans

Post by thoxans »

i had a dream last night/this morning that the peeps at my sushi blowout joint were all suddenly cold and aloof to me, and straight up gave my table away to another group of customers, even after i'd already sat down at the table. basically, my dream was exactly as massively anxiety-inducing as lota's dream. exactly. no diff whatsoever

Post by ... »

Dang, you guys get all the dramatic dreams, mine are always the same. I start to do something or want to get someplace and am diverted and end up wandering around trying to find what it was I wanted, without success. Then I wake up. This is rarely deviated from, with even the spaces being small set group of repeating locales. On the plus side though I did recently find out that reading in dreams is allegedly somewhat rare, so I've got that going for me at times, at least until I get distracted and lose the book I was trying to read and can't find it again.
Pretentious Hipster

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

Ever since I've been taking a max dose of my mood stabilizers I've been having very vivid dreams. They can be terrifying but this was just confusing.

There was a lab with these human/plant hybrids. I was trying to get them back to "normal", but during that one of my assistants transformed into one as well. The previous ones complained about being hungry, so the new one shat out some green slimy food. They tried it and said it was gross, but they're hungry enough to eat it anyways. They then starting dancing and jumping around. I was then transported outside and realized that they're dancing affects the outside world, but their legs are giant and were crushing everything. The world was basically being destroyed by them. I ended up running to the beach where I thought it was safe, but was getting attacked by everyone who usually had glass shards. I would disarm them, collect the glass shards, and usually incapacitate them with a rock. There were a lot of beach houses and their doors were open. They were always elementary classrooms inside. I tried to rescue people but most refused to leave. The last one had a group of people huddling around a crib and crying. I looked to see if it was a dead baby, but it was in fact a clarinet. I then gave them those filters mechanics use with a tube so they could use that as an instrument, but they said some parts were missing. I then woke up.
DT.

Post by DT. »

^ Are you sure that isn't just the next video game you're reviewing?
Lencho of the Apes

An online dream: I dreamed I was looking for a Griffith short called A Whiny Asshole... I found something that I thought was the same thing, but the name had been altered to The Nattering Naghole and I needed to do a bit more research to make sure that was the one I was looking for.
DT.

Post by DT. »

Pretentious Hipster

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

There was a ritual every 4000 years to enter a new dimension. What you have to do is travel throughout the universe to get some sheets of paper, combine all of them in a certain table, and then a puzzle where you move the shadow figures around to form a cane. There were 2 other people trying to get the papers: Pete Buttigieg and Jimmy Fallon. Jimmy Fallon ended up getting the sheets, and brought them to the room with the table. I kicked him out and locked the door and assembled the papers. He was trying to break in, so I held the door while a friend solved the puzzle. Eventually the person does, and I run towards the table and jumped on it. A ghost skeleton dressed like a knight floats towards the table, pushes me out of it, and takes the other person into that new dimension.
thoxans

Post by thoxans »

had a dream that a bunch of us were hanging out irl. it was rischka's apartment, which was like the top floor of a five-floor apartment unit near the beach (dunno why i knew this cuz you couldn't see the beach from the apartment). rischka, evelyn, and nrh were there. other peeps were there too, but i spent most of my time talking to evelyn and nrh. everyone kinda sorta looked like their avatars. nrh and i talked about the irishman. then i had to leave, went outside, and there were three horses running around the parking lot like stray dogs, peeing on everything. then i woke up, and came to my laptop immediately to write it all down, before i forgot

Post by ... »

sorry I couldn't make it to Rischka's party, I had to take a test for my high school history teacher but I couldn't find my classroom and then I realized I was in my underwear and was missing my panda and my car keys, so needless to say I wasn't in a fit state to hang out.