Welcome!

Evelyn Library P.I.

Re: Welcome!

Post by Evelyn Library P.I. »

Glad to have you! The site is being odd at the moment, but hopefully that is just a passing fancy.
wba

Post by wba »

Welcome!
"I too am a child burned by future experiences, fallen back on myself and already suspecting the certainty that in the end only those will prove benevolent who believe in nothing." – Marran Gosov

Post by ... »

Welcome and I enjoyed The Egg of Life, or the half of it I've watched so far. Nice mention!
fleet

Post by fleet »

Hi all. Entirely new to this community but have heard about it and follow some users elsewhere so thought i would jump in. Seemed like an appropriate day for it — happy birthday to SCFZ!
sally

Post by sally »

ooh a new person as a birthday present! (and miraculously made it through all the current tech issues to post here)

welcome!
fleet

Post by fleet »

Thank you! Haha yes it took me a bit of catch-up reading to realise why I couldn’t make a signature etc. Sorry I can’t offer much help…
flip

Post by flip »

welcome to scfz, fleet!
BradS

Post by BradS »

It’s been a hot minute (or a number of years), but I’m glad to see this site’s still going strong and reaching milestones. Hope you’ve all been well and looking forward to jumping back in for some stimulating film talk.
wba

Post by wba »

Welcome back!
"I too am a child burned by future experiences, fallen back on myself and already suspecting the certainty that in the end only those will prove benevolent who believe in nothing." – Marran Gosov
kabs

Post by kabs »

Hi, I am new to this site, coming from letterboxd, have been lurking for a bit but now is probably the time to start since I have ended a long spell of not watching anything.
rischka

Post by rischka »

oh i thought it was pabs under a new account! :lol: welcome stranger! the place is under repairs, sry for inconvenience
:lboxd: + ICM + :imdb:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

CAUTION: woman having opinions
Evelyn Library P.I.

Post by Evelyn Library P.I. »

Glad to have you, kabs! Yes, the forum is having some technical glitches — but we can still manage to chat about obscure movies together!
kabs

Post by kabs »

thank you! ah that explains why my first attempt to post failed.
lumumbista

Post by lumumbista »

Hi, I'm also new and coming from Letterboxd, looking forward to some interesting discussions :)
Lencho of the Apes

Post by Lencho of the Apes »

Welcome aboard, Lumumbista.
The opposite of 'reify' is... ?
Zynab

Post by Zynab »

hi (: my name is zynab. i used to be active on the auteurs / mubi a long time ago and had a film tumblr. life happened and in recent years i wasn't watching films often. since the beginning of this year i've been possessed by the movie-watching bug again. not sure what flipped the switch but it feels great to be enjoying movies like i used to. current watch obsessions are: daisuke ito and early japanese cinema adjacent to him / gaudy extravaganzas with scenes of fancy dress revels / films featuring dolls, puppets, automata and other inhabitants of the uncanny valley. also trying to actually watch a good bit of the files i've been hoarding on my hdds for years!
flip

Post by flip »

welcome to scfz, visualtraining! a few of us from the old mubi forum are still here
Zynab

Post by Zynab »

flip wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:25 am welcome to scfz, visualtraining! a few of us from the old mubi forum are still here
hey fliptrotsky! thanks; nice to see you (:
rischka

Post by rischka »

MEGX ...COULD IT BE ??

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

that reminds me -- where is greg x

hope he is ok

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Lencho of the Apes

Post by Lencho of the Apes »

Greg's a little more active on LB than here, but I haven't seen him there recently either. I'll snoop around some.
The opposite of 'reify' is... ?
sally

Post by sally »

Greg's fine on twitter as of a few hours ago. I guess he prefers arguing with strangers about contemporary reception of mainstreamish movies than he does talking insubstantial nonsense with old friends
rischka

Post by rischka »

sally wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:19 pm Greg's fine on twitter as of a few hours ago. I guess he prefers arguing with strangers about contemporary reception of mainstreamish movies than he does talking insubstantial nonsense with old friends
that's cool i'm glad he found some film students to start fights with :lol:

edit: reading back i notice it was our bday yesterday :drinking: i got the champagne. hope some of these people visit us again one day :newyear:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Silga

Post by Silga »

rischka wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:21 pm reading back i notice it was our bday yesterday :drinking: i got the champagne. hope some of these people visit us again one day :newyear:
Wow, I forgot about that! Well, I'm sort of celebrating it in a way, with cinematic experiences, as my local film festival is underway and I've already watched 21 films so far since last Thursday. :birthday:
billyhu85

Post by billyhu85 »

Hi everyone. First post here. I've known about this forum for a few years now, but just never got around to posting. Figured I'd stop wasting time and get to it. I was active on Mubi circa 2011/2012 like many of us were back in the day, and subsequently made my way to Letterboxd. Rischka, (my very first Mubi friend!) put me onto this forum.

Happy to be here.
:lboxd: Letterboxd

I also go by "Langston"
flip

Post by flip »

welcome to scfz! you have july rain on your letterboxd favourites :)
rischka

Post by rischka »

i remember you langston :) good to see you're still watching films!

ANTIFA 4-EVA

billyhu85

Post by billyhu85 »

@Flip - Great film! Saw it recently. My favorite Khutsiyev thus far

@rischka - I'm here!! Finally lol. I'm glad that many of us are still watching also. I regret that I was outta the game for a few years, but I couldn't stay away! Real cinephiles always find their way back home lol

I also go by "Langston"
sally

Post by sally »

billyhu85 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:35 am Hi everyone. First post here. I've known about this forum for a few years now, but just never got around to posting. Figured I'd stop wasting time and get to it. I was active on Mubi circa 2011/2012 like many of us were back in the day, and subsequently made my way to Letterboxd. Rischka, (my very first Mubi friend!) put me onto this forum.

Happy to be here.
i remember you from mubi! (in as much as i remember anyone from there, which is not much)

amazing that people are still floating around out there. may i direct you to our year polls? :)

current one is: https://scfzforum.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=943
billyhu85

Post by billyhu85 »

@Sally - Those were the good ol' days! I definitely remember you as well! Did they ever put out an official explanation for why they broke up our community?

P.S. - I'll go vote right now!

I also go by "Langston"