Bugs & Suggestions

Monsieur Arkadin

Re: Bugs & Suggestions

Post by Monsieur Arkadin »

I made this new account. I would prefer the old one back... but it appears to allow me to log in currently with this new one.
rischka

Post by rischka »

ugh you'd think with all these nerds here we'd have one programming genius. whyte night why have you abandoned us.

good to see some of you have found a way back but how do we know this won't happen again :?
:lboxd: + ICM + :imdb:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

CAUTION: woman having opinions
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

Sorry guys, if your accounts still aren't working I'm all out of ideas.

Would you like me to switch it so your old usernames/email addresses are associated with your new accounts?

Let me know what threads from the old accounts you guys will want to edit and I'll give you mod powers over those threads. Unfortunately that's the only way I can think of to enable you guys to edit your old posts
prettyboy ,prettyboy ,prettyboy
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

rischka wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:53 pmgood to see some of you have found a way back but how do we know this won't happen again :?
i think, as a rule, i am not gonna look into adding any new features unless they are absolutely necessary. i'll log onto the admin panel to delete russian bots and do cosmetic things like change the banner or the announcement. but in terms of adding new apps, i really can't guarantee this won't happen again if i mess around with the techy stuff (tbh i'm not even sure that's what happened, but these events were like a day apart...although they still doesn't explain why liquidnature's account started working again)
pabs

Post by pabs »

Hey bure! I managed to log in!! Yay!!! It's been like purgatory these past days.
pabs

Post by pabs »

Now I'm worried about changing my password back to what it was before. :?

I'm just going to bite the bullet and do it now. yikes, i'm scared.
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

Holy shit if it's actually fixed I'm so happy. Everyone else locked out delete your cookies and try again and pray??
pabs

Post by pabs »

Woohoo! Changed my p-word back to the old one, logged out, logged back in with it. Everything OK! :D
pabs

Post by pabs »

I didn't need to go into the entrails of my computer and didn't delete anything, cookies or whatever. It must have been something you did as a manager on your end. Whatever it was, it worked for me. I hope others will make it back too. Being undead isn't nice.
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

Computers are fucking weird

Either way, glad you're back. Hope the rest of our coterie is not locked out any longer as well
nrh

Post by nrh »

hey bure thanks for handling all this dumb shit in a stressful time in your own life!
pabs

Post by pabs »

Yes, thanks a lot, mate!
wba

Post by wba »

bure420 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:44 am
Would you like me to switch it so your old usernames/email addresses are associated with your new accounts?

Let me know what threads from the old accounts you guys will want to edit and I'll give you mod powers over those threads. Unfortunately that's the only way I can think of to enable you guys to edit your old posts
That sounds great!!

If you could reinstate my old username and my old mail adress that would be awesome!
Also, if you could give me mod power over some old threads of mine, when I recall them. ;-)
"I too am a child burned by future experiences, fallen back on myself and already suspecting the certainty that in the end only those will prove benevolent who believe in nothing." – Marran Gosov
rischka

Post by rischka »

i hope everything is back to normal! thanks a lot bure!!

ANTIFA 4-EVA

FLABREZU

Post by FLABREZU »

I didn't delete any cookies but I'm still back
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

@wba can you edit the posts in your personal forum?
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

Monsignor Arkadin wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:59 pm I made this new account. I would prefer the old one back... but it appears to allow me to log in currently with this new one.
Have you tried using your old account since then? FLABREZU's and pabs' accounts have started working... so anything is possible.

And wba, i assume you still can't get it on your old account, which is now called wba2 by the way
pabs

Post by pabs »

WBA, try using the bure-invented password again for your original account (the password he made for you when the trouble first started). That's what I tried again and it finally worked for me.
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

You were the only one who had a password change. It was just a test to see if it'd make a difference. I don't think it did; your account started working several days after I did that, at the same time as FLABREZU's account, whose password never changed.

What I think happened is this. When I tried to add a feature on the site I did it wrong. It randomly screwed up a few accounts. I fixed the backend, as least as far as the forum software thought. I suspect there's a bug in the forum software's forum-fixing apparatus, if I'm being clear? The backend wasn't really fixed but the software thinks it is. That would explain why it's not showing errors. As some cookies cycle, somewhere, or something like that, accounts are starting to work again. Maybe they never will for everyone, or maybe it's only a matter of time. I tried to "fix" the forum at least 20 separate times and only three accounts it seems started to work, and two at the same time. I'm not convinced your guys' accounts starting to work has anything to do with my attempts at fixing the forum, other than at the beginning before the software said we were bug-free.
pabs

Post by pabs »

I didn't know I was the only one. So it had nothing to do with it. Curiouser and curiouser.
wba

Post by wba »

Fuck, bure, you did it!! And I can actually edit my old posts!!

Haven't tried loigging in with the old (new) name and old passwords, but I guess everything works again for me.

Thanks a lot!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :dance: :dance: :dance:
"I too am a child burned by future experiences, fallen back on myself and already suspecting the certainty that in the end only those will prove benevolent who believe in nothing." – Marran Gosov
pabs

Post by pabs »

Woo hoo! WBA, glad you're back on board! :D

What did you do? Did you just use the old password you had before and it worked?
wba

Post by wba »

Nah, bure did it. I registered a new name and a new password via a new mail adress and bure somehow merged my old name and posts with my new account.
Monsieur Arkadin

Post by Monsieur Arkadin »

bure420 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:07 am
Have you tried using your old account since then? FLABREZU's and pabs' accounts have started working... so anything is possible.
Yeah, still broken for me.
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

Damn. Sorry man, it might start working at some random time in the future, but for now all I can do is change your handle on your new account to your original one. Would you like me to do that?

Additionally, are there any posts you made on your old account that you want to be able to edit on this one?
wba

Post by wba »

Hey bure, can you make me edit this thread's first post again?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

Done
wba

Post by wba »

Thanks!!!!
rischka

Post by rischka »

Err the link to Lang/Lubitsch in the header goes to the previous showdown. It is hard enough for me to follow along here on my tiny phone screen plz fix :) ty

ANTIFA 4-EVA

thoxans

Post by thoxans »

i’m also willing to help out with stuff like this (though it’s always a q putting me in a position of power)