Bugs & Suggestions

liquidnature

Re: Bugs & Suggestions

Post by liquidnature »

Bure, the forum is falling apart mate. :?
:lboxd:
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

I've backed up the forum. Will reinstall everything when I get home from work today.
prettyboy ,prettyboy ,prettyboy
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

For the love of eff, is it fixed?
rischka

Post by rischka »

i dunno but i'll make a post on lencho's wall so pabs can test it
:lboxd: + ICM + :imdb:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

CAUTION: woman having opinions
rischka

Post by rischka »

pabs says no -- he tried firefox and chrome with no luck :(

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Post by ... »

Man, it's starting to feel like I'm the only one left here. Did the Rapture happen or something?
rischka

Post by rischka »

it's depressing. our forum will die if we can't fix this!

i can see wba online but assume he still can't post :(

ANTIFA 4-EVA

greennui

Post by greennui »

It seems like a fairly common issue after some googling, don't understand any of tech talk though.

You should probably create a thread about it in the phpBB support forum, bure.
Zulawski

Post by Zulawski »

Hmm. This morning I couldn't log in, and the entire website had a different look. Then I reset my password, and now it's working.
flip

Post by flip »

everything seems back to normal for me - i can make and edit posts without getting error messages, and i was able just now to post a link to an image on an external hosting site, which i couldn't do before.
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

I have posted a question thread. It's awaiting approval

The white screen is a common problem but the weird thing about our situation is the phpBB error log comes up clean
Lencho of the Apes

Post by Lencho of the Apes »

Hey, Bure -- do you have the ability to change other people's passwords? If you do, I can arrange a work-around between you and the affected parties. Temporary solution, at least.
The opposite of 'reify' is... ?
flip

Post by flip »

this has never happened to me before: when i loaded the site this morning, i had been logged out for some reason, so i had to enter my username and password again. then immediately after posting to the 'guess the movie' thread, the site just logged me out again instantly after i cilcked 'post reply', which was weird, so i needed to log back in all over again. i checked the 'remember me' box when i logged in too.
arkheia

Post by arkheia »

flip wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:50 pm this has never happened to me before: when i loaded the site this morning, i had been logged out for some reason, so i had to enter my username and password again. then immediately after posting to the 'guess the movie' thread, the site just logged me out again instantly after i cilcked 'post reply', which was weird, so i needed to log back in all over again. i checked the 'remember me' box when i logged in too.
That's funny, a similar thing has been happening to me this morning. Also I get logged out from clicking on the Jonas Mekas poll on the homepage, however if I go through the Polls/Surveys/Lists thread and scroll down to it, I can access it just fine (obviously this is a minor issue compared to the users who can't log in, I just mention it since it might perhaps be connected somehow)
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

More I try to fix the more I break :( now I can barely log in

Sorry guys, really regretting suggesting that I was capable of running a website right about now

If you're wondering why your theme changed that's normal. At phpbb forum people's suggestions I'm resetting various things

Post by ... »

Even with the hiccups, you're still much better at this than I could hope to be, so you have my thanks for your continuing efforts Bure. I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.
arkheia

Post by arkheia »

^ agreed, definitely appreciate all your work thus far, Bure. Hopefully something eventually clicks!
Silga

Post by Silga »

I hope the change of theme is temporary because it looks really bad in comparison to the previous one.

I also seem to be getting logged out every time I close SCFZ tab.
kanafani

Post by kanafani »

Silga wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:53 pm I also seem to be getting logged out every time I close SCFZ tab.
Yep, me too.

Hang in there, bure! We appreciate you stressing out so that we don't have to.
patrick

Post by patrick »

Don't sweat it !
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

THanks guys, yall are kind.

Everything should be back to working how it was before I started trying to fix things (except that three -- three? -- people can't log in of course)

Came across one more suggestion that's sorta last-ditch but it risks the forum losing all its data so I'll have to back it up first. Will try that today

If it doesn't work...I'm afraid all I can think of is to have everyone make new accounts (I can edit their locked-out accounts' names and emails so they can use what they were using before)

To clarify, is anyone besides pabs, wba, and FLABREZU locked out?
Lencho of the Apes

Post by Lencho of the Apes »

Both Pabs and WBA have tried already to make new accounts and were unable to. I don't know that eliminating their existing accounts would change that.

Do the other thing first; if that should work there'd be no problems going forward, yes? If you get to a point where you feel you have no alternative but to delete the affected accounts, I urge you not to do that without first giving those people advance warning and time enough to come in and copy any posts of their own that they think need to be preserved.

What has happened with the help-and-support advisors on the webhost's home-page?
The opposite of 'reify' is... ?
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

I wouldn't delete the accounts under any circumstances.

@liquidnature you were able to make a new account right, did you have to do anything extra? Was it initially impossible?
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

Lencho_of_the_Apes wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:13 pmWhat has happened with the help-and-support advisors on the webhost's home-page?
Webhost says nothing is wrong with the host. Phpbb help ppl say nothing is wrong with the forum. Their error logs for both are empty since this has happened. It's one of the more mysterious non-malaysian airline events of the 21st century
liquidnature

Post by liquidnature »

bure420 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:40 pm I wouldn't delete the accounts under any circumstances.

@liquidnature you were able to make a new account right, did you have to do anything extra? Was it initially impossible?
I was able to create a new account no problem, and had full access to the forum. However, my 'liquidnature' user still just led to a blank white screen. Several days later I tried logging in once more (after many failed attempts between) and it suddenly just worked.
:lboxd:
rischka

Post by rischka »

m arkadin is locked out as well :(

ANYONE ELSE WHO CAN SEE US BUT CAN'T POST PLEASE LET US KNOW HERE: https://letterboxd.com/lencho_o_t_apes/list/wall/

ANTIFA 4-EVA

wba

Post by wba »

Hi guys, wba here.
I obviously managed to log in with my newly registered username. But only via Chrome (firefox doesn't want this).

It sucks, and I would like to have my old name and old posts back. Any idea?
"I too am a child burned by future experiences, fallen back on myself and already suspecting the certainty that in the end only those will prove benevolent who believe in nothing." – Marran Gosov
wba

Post by wba »

Thanks for all the support so far.
"I too am a child burned by future experiences, fallen back on myself and already suspecting the certainty that in the end only those will prove benevolent who believe in nothing." – Marran Gosov
rischka

Post by rischka »

GAB! we missed you :D

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Silga

Post by Silga »

GAB a.k.a. WBA, cast your votes in the ongoing polls. They can also represent your alter ego GAB. :D