Re

greennui

Re

Post by greennui »

They say rewatching is good for the soul. I've been trying to rewatch more stuff lately, a good rewatch in the last few months have been Banketten, then there's been some who still leave me cold (Au Hasard Balthazar, Daisies).

So, yeah, it's mostly introductory cinephile canon stuff I'd like to rewatch: Hitchcock classics, Kurosawa ones, Ford ones and so forth.

Any fellow rewatchers?
flip

Re: Re

Post by flip »

i've had a plan for a couple of months to start rewatching a lot of films i liked when i was just starting to learn about film, to see what i'd make of them now. i haven't put the plan into action yet, though. i almost did recently -- i was going to start with atom egoyan's the sweet hereafter -- but then i got sidetracked. but i might be joining you soon on a rewatching binge.
Silga

Post by Silga »

I constantly rewatch films. And not just the ones I rated high, but also plenty of b-movies that are my guilty pleasures. :D

This month I finally watched Sergio Leone's Dollars Trilogy again. It still holds up amazingly well. Great films!
rischka

Post by rischka »

Trying to do this more esp ozu

Early summer soon 🌞
:lboxd: + ICM + :imdb:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

CAUTION: woman having opinions
Evelyn Library P.I.

Post by Evelyn Library P.I. »

I'm hoping to institute a new rule for year poll viewing: I'm only allowed to vote for movies I watched for the poll. Hopefully will get me back into my year poll watching. One of the main motivations is to get me to rewatch some of my old favourites.
nrh

Post by nrh »

have been thinking about this as well - reading the penman fassbinder book (it's good!) and realizing how long it's been since i watched so many of those movies that were so crucial to me when i was much younger, and that most of them were on vhs!

but then i'm not watching all that many movies anyway, and when i am it's for writing projects, which means a different kind of rewatching...
rischka

Post by rischka »

one of the top (ozu) opening sequences 8-) since it is at last early summer

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

it is the ultimate ozu. is there another film where he just does this

the thing i remembered most (besides the sex jokes) was this corner shot repeated 4-5 times :lol:

obligatory american poster spotting xD

ANTIFA 4-EVA