Everything is Political

Lencho of the Apes

Re: Everything is Political

Post by Lencho of the Apes »

rischka wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:37 pm taibbi got metoo'd awhile ago and is now an anti-cancel culture warrior. he was a good writer. i read RS for years

now he defends tucker carlson. he's a contrarian like greenwald. all voices welcome ofc! but i hate to see these guys defending fascists

and yes i get that they don't believe they ARE fascists and that russiagate was fake news etc. blah blah blah. they see IDPOL as the enemy

and scoffed at the idea that russia would invade ukraine etc. to my mind they are part of the red/brown alliance

edit: also the hunter's laptop story and this is why kanafani and i fought. we'll be hearing much more about that if GOP takes the house
I didnt know about Taibbi being metoo'd. Shame. Maybe I'll go look up the details.

"Defends"? I bet if you look at it, his defense is going to be a lot more nuanced than you imagine.

How was Russiagate not a hoax? It's been established in court that Team Clinton sent their catspaw to deposit the Steele Dossier with the FBI so they could just happen along a day later and tweet out their alarming discovery... Maddow et al kept their audience on the edge of their seats for two years, and they ultimately found... what? Nothing, basically. Facebook ads. Forgive me if I scoff, but, honestly, did any other concrete manipulations come out of that shitstorm of speculation and fantasy? Also, Bill Clinton did as much or more in the Russian elections of (1992?).

Idpol can be an enemy; when a right-wing D like Kamala Harris gets a smiley face because of her minority status, or when it becomes possible to silence any dissent directed toward a woman and/or POC by calling the speaker racist or sexist, those are not developments I value. And I'll concede that they're not careful to distinguish that from the basic tenet that all groups should be treated equally; the rhetoric they use often seems to throw the baby out with the bathwater. To that extent, I agree with you.

There is no red/brown alliance, that's nothing more than a smear to discredit the so-called red faction.

And Biden's laptop? If he/they said "Maybe the laptop is fake news; if so, they're entitled to debunk it, but suppressing stories that inconvenience the regime is a fascist strategy" then I agree with them. And if they said anything more than that, you'll have to show me, because I don't remember. For being such an invented non-story, it sure seems to have legs... like those videos of Hunter's crack sessions that were leaked over a year later... But Biden's laptop isn't a hill I would choose to die on.
The opposite of 'reify' is... ?
rischka

Post by rischka »

there are MAGAcommunists on twitter now, i can't really think of anything more red/brown alliance than that

and why did trump's campaign have so many contacts with russians? why did they know about the stolen emails? why did they meet at trump tower to discuss 'russian adoptions'? why did trump fire comey? why was manafort working for the trump campaign for free? why was he showing election data to russian agents? there was a boatload of evidence come on. but let's not fight about this again :) you can see it all in the senate intelligence committee's report - a bipartisan effort

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sit ... olume5.pdf

the laptop story was suppressed because it couldn't be corroborated. rudy giuliani had the only copy and wouldn't show it to anyone besides the tabloid new york post. it can never be used as evidence in court because chain of custody cannot be established, enabling them to make all kinds of wild claims about it

personally i don't think having a drug addicted son should've kept biden from being elected. it didn't stop trump from being elected
Last edited by rischka on Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:lboxd: + ICM + :imdb:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

CAUTION: woman having opinions
Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

magacommunism = "im all for abolishing capitalism, but do we really have to throw out racism and misogyny along with it??"
prettyboy ,prettyboy ,prettyboy
rischka

Post by rischka »

exactly :lol: we hate idpol!

also trump was OBVIOUSLY guilty of obstruction of justice but wasn't charged because of barr's opinion that presidents can't commit a crime. what was he hiding ...

you've inspired me to start watching russia: trauma zone. 7 hours. heading in... a lot of the tankies on kg say this will explain why putin had to invade ukraine.

i'm dubious but will try keep any open mind. this is how i relax from election stress :p

i haven't had sympathy for putin since this happened https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kursk_submarine_disaster

probably my early Navy training :? i will NEVER forget this horrific event

ANTIFA 4-EVA

pabs

Post by pabs »

rischka

Post by rischka »

ANTIFA 4-EVA

pabs

Post by pabs »

NBC marks it as too early to call, but Kari Lake is behind in AZ. Thank fuckin god.

And that dickhead dumb as a bag of rocks fucken idiot clown Boebert is out. Yayy!! I'm embarrassed for America that she even won a single vote.

Fetterman won his Senate seat, woohoo!
rischka

Post by rischka »

large herd of javalina woke me up

i hope warnock wins, that it's so close is a disgrace

but i think we did all right in an uphill battle - lake and finchem are both behind

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/stat ... 5hZTwHETgw

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

ANTIFA 4-EVA

pabs

Post by pabs »

rischka wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:29 am
i hope warnock wins, that it's so close is a disgrace
Even ONE vote for Walker is a disgrace!! What a fucked up general population you have. Complete retards.
rischka

Post by rischka »

that's...not necessary

i do find walker's candidacy to be the most cynical of this round. they couldn't find anyone more famous probably

the man won a heisman trophy. god and football will save america~!

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

https://twitter.com/keithedwards/status ... h70-H5KOyw

they did so badly in many precincts it will be hard to churn up election denialism

GA may go to a recount tho

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/15902 ... h70-H5KOyw

https://twitter.com/ryanmatsumoto1/stat ... h70-H5KOyw

excellent news here. this would be a big win for democracy. kari lake's race has narrowed a LOT but she's never been in the lead

currently hobbs 50.1 - lake 49.1 :shock:
Last edited by rischka on Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

ANTIFA 4-EVA

pabs

Post by pabs »

Sorry, r. I'm just really pissed off about what happened to America in the last 30 years.
rischka

Post by rischka »

how do you think we feel lol

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

trump is reportedly screaming at people :lol:

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/15903 ... BxDeGo9WDg

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

AZ SoS and Gov races are VERY tight but blake masters went down in flames.

Rs projected to take the house - with a margin of one seat.

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Silga

Post by Silga »

It's a shame that Wisconsin's Senate seat went to GOP. I kind of expected that Dems might win there.
rischka

Post by rischka »

scary kari is done 12,000 votes 🤞🤞🤞 oath keeper mark finchem is down 80,000 w 66% reporting :dope:

GOP screwed themselves with dobbs. WOMEN SAVED YOUR ASS AGAIN DEMS

also should give trump some credit for his terrible picks :lol:

walker and warnock will head to a runoff :cowboy:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

i'm disappointed JD vance won but OZ losing made up for it :lol:

https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/ ... ixIC3Gievg

they're not idiots; it's a (racist) cult. i hope katie hobbs is in a secure location

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

i think we did really well america! no major incidents and so far no one is claiming fraud even with trump's incitement. the remaining vote in AZ is pima and maricopa counties looking good for capt kelly and katie hobbs. whew :drinking:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

nrh

Post by nrh »

embarrassing that democrats lost so many house seats in ny; the state is less liberal than a lot of people imagine it to be (which is how you get our cop and solitary confinement loving democratic mayor), but a combination of poorly thought out campaigns and the fact that there seems to be a genuine desire to vote for a "moderate" republican seems to have done the trick.

and i do wonder when democrats will figure out a counter to the "soft on crime attack;' republicans use it pretty much every time and the only strategy seems to be panicking and spending millions of dollars on "i love cops too!" ads a few weeks before election. fetterman's standing his ground and trying to explain his reformist policies doesn't seem to have hurt him...
rischka

Post by rischka »

white people :?

the youth vote really turned up for us across the country and i hope we can keep them engaged by not nominating a senior citizen next time. what about gretchen whitmer? she seems cool 8-) after trump is safely locked up of course. there's a hurricane at mar a lago, maybe he'll be swept away and save us the trouble. i HOPE AZ will hurry up the vote count before shit gets out of hand!! i expect we'll have recounts either way. kari's on fox explaining how katie hobbs isn't winning (she's been ahead the entire race) but GOP head of election board is slow rolling results in her favor. he's probably a never-trumper :lol:
Last edited by rischka on Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/statu ... ePnHIa33Ag

this is huge really. come on katie hobbs :soapbox: sorry/not sorry for corny patriotism :cowboy:

https://twitter.com/brent_peabody/statu ... ePnHIa33Ag

you're right about NY it may have cost us the house and a real blue wave (which tbf no one thought remotely possible!)

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

if you think the count is taking a long time now...
Lake repeated her pledge to immediately call lawmakers into special session upon being sworn in to make massive changes to Arizona election laws. She wants to significantly reduce early and mail voting, options chosen by at least 8 in 10 Arizona voters, and to count all ballots by hand, which election administrators say would be extremely time consuming.

Ballots can have dozens of races on them. Maricopa County has more than 50 judges on the ballot, on top of state and local races and 10 ballot measures.
https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm ... 9cdcbd3ecc

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

katie hobbs holding onto a slender lead :shock: they're saying we won't know til next week. this is nervewracking

blake masters is done - it hasn't been called yet but he's down 6 pts. expecting a comeback for cortez-masto in nevada and if she pulls that off we'll control the senate + warnock in january runoff which he should win no problem :pirates: i'm still angry he has to do this, it's demeaning but he seems upbeat. the money is already flowing in

i know they're looking to de santis in 2024 now but i just can't see this guy doing well on a national stage. don't say gay?? come on, it's the 21st century

plus i don't believe anyone can pull trump's cult - they'll just stay home 8-) yesterday trump claimed on 'truth' social that he fixed the race for de santis in 2018!!

https://twitter.com/SimonWDC/status/159 ... LKwo88d9aQ

ANTIFA 4-EVA

pabs

Post by pabs »

Watch Glenn Kirschner's frustration at the current hierarchy in Washington, despite the very clear message the hierarchy's getting from Democratic voters at the ballot boxes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVJpUa9OFuk
rischka

Post by rischka »

Whatever, it's gonna be fun to watch Trump and DeSantis destroy each other. If the party nominates someone else, Trump will run anyway LOL

ANTIFA 4-EVA

sally

Post by sally »

why does it take so long to count the votes? like, virtually every other country can do it in a day, what's different here?