Vegetarianism/Veganism/etc.

Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Vegetarianism/Veganism/etc.

Post by Curtis, baby »

Does anyone here limit their meat consumption? At different points in my life I've been a vegetarian, a vegan, and an onminvore. I've been a "pescatarian" (stupid word) for a while now, but I recently cut out yogurt and cheese out too. Still drink milk, cos I really rely on milk for protein.

How do yall like to prepare your tofu, tempeh, etc?
prettyboy ,prettyboy ,prettyboy
brian d

Re: Vegetarianism/Veganism/etc.

Post by brian d »

i've been a pescatarian for close to 14 years. i don't do much tofu, but when i do it's generally fried or just cut into very small pieces. same with tempeh, but i eat less of that. i avoid most cheese simply because i don't like it much, but drinking straight up milk will make me sick to my stomach.
"Most esteemed biographer of Peter Barrington Hutton"
rischka

Post by rischka »

omg there's people who don't like cheese?? never heard of this. shocking :?
:lboxd: + ICM + :imdb:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

CAUTION: woman having opinions
brian d

Post by brian d »

feta's good. i'm fine with mozzarella. i don't mind shredded cheese on my (fish or shrimp) tacos. otherwise you can eat it. :-P
"Most esteemed biographer of Peter Barrington Hutton"
flip

Post by flip »

used to be vegan six days a week, but that was mostly because my partner was vegan and we lived together. i strictly didn't eat mammals for a long time but now eat everything, though only rarely cow or pig. i really don't like tofu, which was always a big obstacle to vegetarianism for me.
Umbugbene

Post by Umbugbene »

I've been a vegetarian since 1985, when I was 15. I cut eggs from my diet a few years ago, and I'm gradually phasing out dairy.
thoxans

Post by thoxans »

bure420 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:53 amHow do yall like to prepare your tofu, tempeh, etc?
had some shiraae here recently, which was really lite and delightful (and seemingly super simple to throw together)
wba

Post by wba »

I was a vegetarian for some years in my late teens and 20s, but I never never never understood that supposed "pescatarian" thing (how are caviar or fish or seashells or shrimps and all that other stuff not animals!? It's the same as eating insects or reptils or mammals or whatnot).

In my opinion someone who eats any kind of animal "meat" or any kind of meat product because of which an animal is purposefully killed is just NOT a vegetarian. Live with it! ;)

One of my ex-girlfriends I used to live with for 7 years when I was younger was a vegetarian, so I didn't eat much meat at home, and the mother of my child I'm living with now has been a vegetarian for 20+ years so same now.

I don't eat much if any eggs (don't like it), don't drink milk (don't like it), and don't eat anything coming from rivers or the sea (can't stand it! neither live, just been alive a few seconds ago, raw, fresh or old - it all tastes more or less rotten and disgusting to me).

Don't like or eat tofu or soy either, but that isn't a problem at all if you're a vegetarian or a vegan. There are literally so many countless things to eat, you can basically pass on most anything you don't like.

Basically I eat anything I like to eat, and don't eat stuff I don't like or enjoy.
"I too am a child burned by future experiences, fallen back on myself and already suspecting the certainty that in the end only those will prove benevolent who believe in nothing." – Marran Gosov
Joks Trois

Post by Joks Trois »

wba wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:02 am I was a vegetarian for some years in my late teens and 20s, but I never never never understood that supposed "pescatarian" thing (how are caviar or fish or seashells or shrimps and all that other stuff not animals!? It's the same as eating insects or reptils or mammals or whatnot).

In my opinion someone who eats any kind of animal "meat" or any kind of meat product because of which an animal is purposefully killed is just NOT a vegetarian. Live with it! ;)
They have another term for it now: plant based diet :D

So what do you eat? Beans, rice, pasta, vegetables etc? What sustains you?

I'm a low carber myself, which means I could possibly die prematurely, especially if you believe vegan sites like Nutrition Facts ;)
wba

Post by wba »

Yeah, I eat meat, bread, beans, rice, pasta, vegetables, fruits, nuts, etc. Just the usual stuff, nothing special. As I'm currently some 50 pounds overweight, I'm sure not eating and living "healthy". ;)
"I too am a child burned by future experiences, fallen back on myself and already suspecting the certainty that in the end only those will prove benevolent who believe in nothing." – Marran Gosov
liquidnature

Post by liquidnature »

I eat meat and dairy, and love it. Drink unsweetened almond/cashew milk in place of cow's milk, not because I don't like it, but because I've grown to enjoy the taste more and it is more nutrient dense in proportion to its low calories, so I can drink more of it. Eat eggs every day, sometimes for all three meals. Eat plain greek yogurt. Eat an absurd amount of salad (sometimes for all three meals), fruits, vegetables, nuts, etc.

I don't eat humans though, unlike this person.
:lboxd: