Haphazard pursuits of Sirman Deville for all Shocking & Extreme

niminy-piminy

Re: Haphazard pursuits of Sir Man Deville for all Shocking & Extreme

Post by niminy-piminy »

W4
WE ARE THE FLESH • TENEMOS LA CARNE (Rocha Minter, E.)

https://www.archdaily.com/126651/ad-cla ... ck-kiesler

Friedrick Kiesler was a strong believer in an elastic spatial concept, one that must be capable of providing an optimum response to the varying social concerns and uses of its occupants. The initial shape of the Endless House shows a flattened spheroid, which became a basis for his Manifesto of Correalism.

https://www.oxfordreference.com/view/10 ... 3095639645

Correalism
Term invented in 1939 by the Austro-American Frederick J. Kiesler. He dismissed Functionalism as the ‘mysticism of hygiene’, and argued for an alternative visionary architecture related to spirals, infinity, and eternity. Forms he perceived as points where apparent known forces met invisible, secret, spiritual ones, and that reality was really the interaction of these forces. The nature of their relationships and of the connections between humans, forms, space, time, and the world he called Correalism.
https://apolonijasustersic.com/wp-conte ... ique-1.pdf

Frederick Kiesler (1896–1966) was an Austrian architect, artist, set designer, and writer. He began his carrer in Vienna, studying at the Technische Hochschule and the Akademie der blidenden Künste. He worked briefly in the office of Adolf Loos, and then in Berlin as a set designer, before emigrating to the United States in 1925. During the 1920s and 1930s, he belonged to De Stijil, the American Union of Decorative Artists and Craftsmen, Buckminster Fuller’s Structural Studies Associates (SSA), and the theater faculty at Juilliard; he also formed the Laboratory of Correalism at Columbia University, and through his association with Marcel Duchamp and the exiled Parisian art community, became the “offical” architect of the surrealists.
niminy-piminy

Re: Haphazard pursuits of Sirman Deville for all Shocking & Extreme

Post by niminy-piminy »

i am utterly shocked and stunned!

they failed to cast for "Condor" Robert Redford :?
sally

Post by sally »

i am shocked you decided to watch that tear-jerker! can't imagine you sat there bawling your eyes out, it's like asking a cat to respond to a potato. don't worry though, i cried enough at it for everyone.
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

sally wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:11 pm i am shocked
i can tell you exactly what made me watch this particular film!

besides, the overall tempting theme of the film (i.e. romantic infatuation vs. pity) i got intrigued by one of the stills you posted.
and i don't mean, the one with "Bohemian castle".
that still is fine but there was one more that truly disturbed/shocked me and made me pursue the enigma.
i mean, the one with a mirrored (Czech) inscription KVĚTINÁŘ ("florist").

"Bohemian castle" suggests just some fleeting trip to Bohemia.
but "KVĚTINÁŘ" hints that Bohemia might be playing some significant role in the plot.
and thus i felt it is a "must-see".
Last edited by niminy-piminy on Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

sally wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:11 pm it's like asking a cat to respond to a potato.
finally watching "Reykjavík" and seeing there as if myself watching a tearjerker.
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

btw. my fav scene in the tearjerker is the one with Archduke Franz Ferdinand speaking to all the Lieutenants but the Bad Lieutenant hearing not a single word because he is immersed in the voices of his own inner turmoil.
sally

Post by sally »

Baron Kekesfalva wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:34 pm finally watching "Reykjavík" and seeing there as if myself watching a tearjerker.
aw cute! although now i begin to suspect you actually went full housewife and sailed your face down a river of tears...

was also quite shocked at how many redheads there were in iceland in 1946, everywhere! so i'm imagining now the revelations we'd see if all the black & white films were in colour....