Everything is Political

rischka

Re: Everything is Political

Post by rischka »

the indictment is unsealed and it is hilarious https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... ments-pdf/
According to the indictment, Trump told “Attorney 1” that he should take the folder back to the hotel room before giving it to the federal government. “If there’s anything really bad in there, like, you know, pluck it out,” Trump said. “And that was the motion he made. He didn’t say that.”

That was not the first time Trump suggested to his advisers that they not fully respond to the subpoena, the indictment says. Previously, he allegedly told the attorney that “I really don’t want anybody looking through my boxes, I really don’t, I don’t want you looking through my boxes.”

He allegedly also said: “Well, what if we, what happens if we just don’t respond at all or don’t play ball with them?” and “Wouldn’t it be better if we just told them we don’t have anything there?"
he lied to his own attorneys repeatedly :lol: i hope he ends up representing himself. it could be on ppv

GOP are saying this is the same as clinton's emails and she wasn't charged so this is just persecution
The 49-page indictment against former president Donald Trump says that when he was president, he kept boxes containing papers about “defense and weapons capabilities of both the United States and foreign countries; United States nuclear programs; potential vulnerabilities of the United States and its allies to military attack; and plans for possible retaliation in response to a foreign attack.”
my dad was a career marine and i can see him still supporting trump after this, like so many military types. and that's just bonkers

on the other hand he's being arraigned on my mom's bday, i hear her cackling in her grave :lol: ok i'll stop now :drinking:

https://twitter.com/alex_shephard/statu ... 45997?s=20

https://twitter.com/AccountableGOP/stat ... 80929?s=20

Some excerpts but it's worth reading the whole thing. There are pictures of boxes in a bathroom shower among other things. World history being made here folks

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/ ... 63329?s=20

if you check the top of that $5 shower curtain you'll see there are boxes stacked IN the shower as well
:lboxd: + ICM + :imdb:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

CAUTION: woman having opinions
rischka

Post by rischka »

https://twitter.com/RepSantosNY03/statu ... 38464?s=20

republicans tried to censure adam schiff and fine him 16 million dollars for investigating donald trump :lol:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

https://twitter.com/IamHappyToast/statu ... 51492?s=20

meanwhile boris is being expelled for attending some parties and lying about it

or i guess they can't expel him cuz he quit?? or something. i don't understand UK politics. LOCK HIM UP

ANTIFA 4-EVA

flip

Post by flip »

rischka wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:22 pm GOP are saying this is the same as clinton's emails and she wasn't charged so this is just persecution
if they think it's the same, they either have to stop chanting "lock her up", or they have to start chanting "lock him up", or they're the ones with the double standard. i don't think they're smart enough to realize that by comparing trump to clinton, they're conceding that the investigation is not a 'hoax' or a 'witch hunt', and that trump belongs in jail.

of course what trump did isn't remotely similar to what clinton did -- clinton didn't even have anything marked classified, let alone nuclear secrets in a public ballroom at a golf course frequented by all of the world's spy agencies.
rischka

Post by rischka »

incredibly we're at the place where trump's best bet of avoiding prison is re-election

GOP cognitive dissonance is part of fascism. Biden is both senile and orchestrating this plot to bring down their hero (who can do no wrong and should never be held accountable)

i think chances of a trump indictment for january 6th are excellent now. i don't discuss this with the many trumpies i know but they seem to be quietly processing it

needless to say, trump's best path is a strong third party candidate pulling votes away from biden. i don't want to vote for him either but i will

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1 ... 49985?s=20

ANTIFA 4-EVA

sally

Post by sally »

rischka wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:41 pm meanwhile boris is being expelled for attending some parties and lying about it

or i guess they can't expel him cuz he quit?? or something. i don't understand UK politics. LOCK HIM UP
clown show, i'm ignoring it
rischka

Post by rischka »

a trumpie just threatened me with a restraining order for saying 'lock him up' :lol: i wish i was joking

poor fragile snowflakes :cry:

(and yes it's someone 'religious' that i used to work with who never shut up about how evil hilary was circa 2016. it was too tempting)

but it's out of my system and i promise to behave now :angel: altho it's probably too late to stay off their enemies list if trump somehow triumphs

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Curtis, baby
Site Admin

Post by Curtis, baby »

fuck behaving
prettyboy ,prettyboy ,prettyboy
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

acid communism agitprop
in the Soviet children’s magazine ‘Murzilka’ (1924):
Мы идем, мы идем,
Всех буржуев изведем.
We are coming, we are coming,
We’ll get rid of the entire bourgeoisie.
sally

Post by sally »

not getting much of anything done right now

https://twitter.com/london_phil09/statu ... 23905?s=19
sally

Post by sally »

have been thinking about Steve aylett, a British author I liked once, and his comic, the caterer....

rischka

Post by rischka »

:lol: putin's chef has his own army

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

seen on my walk today

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

https://twitter.com/DarthPutinKGB/statu ... 75586?s=20

we've had a pandemic, the rise of fascism, a titanic disaster and now russian revolution....

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/16744 ... 38563?s=20

a great day for conservatives as affirmative action finally dies. the founders didn't want those people in college

ANTIFA 4-EVA

flip

Post by flip »

rischka wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:49 pm we've had a pandemic, the rise of fascism, a titanic disaster and now russian revolution....
i didn't see this until now, but this was clever

:clap:
rischka

Post by rischka »

we have to break the chain before the world at war ! :(

edit: with kennedy and ginsberg gone, the sequel to masterpiece cakeshop didn't go too well. the court rules religious bigotry trumps LGBTQ

student loan ruling later today -- edit

Student loan forgiveness program struck down

Unsurprising. Just the federalist society enacting their wishlist

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... on-brazil/

news from a more sensible country (pending appeal)
Brazil’s top elections court voted Friday to bar Jair Bolsonaro from running for office for eight years — a period that covers the next presidential election — for making what members of the panel said were claims he knew to be false about the integrity of the country’s voting systems.

ANTIFA 4-EVA

flip

Post by flip »

it occurs to me (maybe curtis can confirm or deny) that this supreme court ruling also entitles the lgbtq+ web designer to deny services to anyone who, for religious reasons, wants to deny equal rights to lgbtq+ people and who wants a website to promote their views or religion or anything related. that seems the faintest of consolations in this case though.

it just reminds me of the wave of book banning -- the justifications they're trying to use to ban books about same sex parents can be (and have been) used to ban the bible too. i have the impression sometimes they're not thinking these things through to their endpoint (the supreme court did, i'm sure, but i doubt someone like desantis will have).
rischka

Post by rischka »

what's worse is this was apparently a fictitious case

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2023/ju ... y-colorado

remember when they ignored evidence in the football coach school prayer case to get their desired outcome. this is really egregious

and i sincerely hope biden has some emergency plan in the works for all those who were already approved for student loan relief!!

ANTIFA 4-EVA

flip

Post by flip »

oh wait, i'm reading the supreme court majority opinion, and they say exactly what i said above -- they say if they had ruled the other way, "governments... could require a gay website designer to create websites for a group advocating against same-sex marriage". actually i think that was part of a dissent in the lower court, but it's quoted approvingly.

i get the feeling reading the majority opinion and the dissent that gorsuch and sotomayor hate each other, they both get pretty scathing for this kind of thing
rischka

Post by rischka »

as twitter continues to implode, elon now supports Moms for liberty's plan for restricting voting to parents

apparently he was convinced by a french islamophobe that single white women voting have destroyed france

i'm sure repealing the 14th and 19th amendments is high on the heritage foundation's list.

let's see what crazy hypotheticals they can gin up for the court to forward this plan next term

also i never recieved the threatened restraining order so i'm guessing saying LOCK HIM UP isn't illegal -- yet

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

on fourth of july, a federal judge (appointed by trump) forbids the biden administration from interacting with social media companies by trying to impede the flood of false information, "rejecting the idea that social media companies, spooked by the backlash after their platforms were used for rampant abuse and misinformation during the 2016 presidential election might sincerely want to protect their reputations by uprooting false claims. Or that they might sincerely desire not to be vectors for false claims about a disease that was killing thousands of people a day." - https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... en-ruling/

just in time for trump's campaign! good thing twitter is irretrievably broken. facebook is a lost cause, i can't believe people believe anything they see there

deeply ironic given the 'twitter files' found just one instance of gov't interference covered by the first amendment - trump demanding the removal of chrissy teigen's tweet calling him a 'pussy-ass bitch.' the case was based on complaints from conspiracy site gateway pundit whose election fraud claims were removed by twitter

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/sta ... 41792?s=20

Woo-hoo twitter has stopped blocking me. why wouldn't vaccine disinformation be akin to yelling fire in a crowded theater :shock:

also this week, trump posted obama's address on social -- leading to a heavily armed man live streaming outside his house

ANTIFA 4-EVA

sally

Post by sally »

this is why you can't leave twitter. george osborne scandal! it's like the old days! i love that guy
rischka

Post by rischka »

i'm rather shocked that a former tory minister has been openly living in sin, and with two illegitimate children. i thought they were conservatives

meanwhile GOP has opened an investigation into a baggie of cocaine found in the white house, hoping to trace it to joe biden (who wasn't there at the time) :lol:

apparently a massive security issue about which they are suddenly very concerned

ANTIFA 4-EVA

flip

Post by flip »

voters might find biden more interesting if he was coked up on the job. but the gop making a big deal about this (and saying it's biden when 1500 people work at the white house) might backfire on them if the rumours about donald trump jr are true.
Monsieur Arkadin

Post by Monsieur Arkadin »

Lol. From "Sleepy" Joe to Cokehead Joe.
sally

Post by sally »

:hearteyes: :hearteyes: :hearteyes:

this country never appreciated George enough

https://twitter.com/JustStop_Oil/status ... 54722?s=19