Post by rischka »

dreamed about weinstein, may he die in prison
:lboxd: + ICM + :imdb:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

CAUTION: woman having opinions
Umbugbene

Re: Dreams

Post by Umbugbene »

thoxans wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:09 am everyone kinda sorta looked like their avatars.
Having fun imagining this :shock: Luckily I look nothing like my avatar.
thoxans

Post by thoxans »

Umbugbene

Post by Umbugbene »

:? :shock: :o

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D
nrh

Post by nrh »

:shock: dream parties all we got now all the real parties are shut down
Lencho of the Apes

Post by Lencho of the Apes »

nrh wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:42 pm :shock: dream parties
I'd invite y'all to come over, but my head's a mess.
The opposite of 'reify' is... ?
rischka

Post by rischka »

i just woke up from a very vivid dream i was going to prison for a robbery (i was guilty too). very relieved to find out this didn't happen and will not forget to take my anxiety meds again (hopefully)

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Post by ... »

I'm glad it was only a dream and you're going to get away with your crime!
rischka

Post by rischka »

haha FUCK THE POLICE

now if i can just remember where i hid the loot...

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Lencho of the Apes

Last few seconds of a dream: I was reading a poem by Brother Deacon, and it ended

(end of a long line) "...return my

seven: blue-black skin to the place of purchase."
thoxans

Post by thoxans »

had a dream last night where three people came over to my house to watch mary jane's not a virgin anymore. the three people were lencho, tom lycos' character from campion's sweetie, and this girl that was in my mfa program back in the day. lencho was serious the whole time, paying strict attention to the movie; lycos was whining about stuff the entire time; and the mfa girl kept trying to make out with me, but i really wasn't into it. also, my house wasn't my house, but rather the house where a lot of the scenes are filmed in mary jane's not a virgin anymore. also, inside the house, looking out, it was all desert. but then, when i went outside, it turned into my old childhood neighborhood, so i started exploring it, climbing over fences, going through peoples' backyards, like the protag in cheever's the swimmer. and that was it
Lencho of the Apes

Can we watch Twisted Issues next time? I've been planning to give that a pin for awhile now. And if you can invite Tom Smith, from the band TLASILA, that'd be cool...
thoxans

Post by thoxans »

it's a deal
thoxans

Post by thoxans »

p.s. in my dream, you're vaguely fernando rey-ish, just this dude who strokes his beard a lot, while he contemplates the movies
Lencho of the Apes

I think my subconch was telling me I spend too much time watching movies: I dreamed a rampaging robot (tm) was after me, and I immobilized it by setting up a video camera and a monitor in such a way that its eyes were trapped in a feedback loop.
Lencho of the Apes

One of those annoying multimedia/multidimensional dreams last night that evaporate super quickly... the one thing I was able to hang on to was 2dm's forum-signature tagline in the dream, which read "one cries one writes I hope I saw".

"Cries" is a little bathetic, but otherwise I think it suits her.
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

DREAM #7

in tonight's dream, i was browsing some movie database and suddenly stumbled upon a movie directed by a rooster.
the rooster might have been also a cinematographer or script writer.
i don't remember clearly his specific role, but he was certainly listed in the "crew" and not the "cast" section.
i am also not completely sure if the movie was directed/captured/written by a rooster or by a human using a rooster profile picture.
but within a dream, i felt the roster/animal was the entity in question.
the pic in the database was a side face profile and the rooster had certain specifics.
usually, roosters have two red omelets hanging from below his beak. (pic 1)
director-rooster had a red omelet attached directly to his red punk mohawk, the omelet had a hole for the eye (so he could look through the omelet), and on the bottom the omelet had a little protrusion resembling a dripping droplet of blood. (pic 2)
the holed-omelet somewhat resembled the protruded-n-holed ear of the Dayak people. (pic 3)
i expect the same omelet was also on the other side, but as it was the side face profile pic i can't say for sure.

after waking up, i started to wonder if the dream could have some real basis.
(if there is an animal movie database or a movie database where human directors/cinematographers/etc. are using animal profile pictures.)
i could only recall that on Mubi Rivette and Chabrol have profile pics with birds and i also found a logo of the film festival with a rooster behind the camera...

but i was not able to get any further with the follow-up interpretations of the dream, cuz i also have to do things which have potential to improve my precarious socio-economic situation. i can't be preoccupied with phantasmagoria the whole day!
Last edited by niminy-piminy on Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

blind lady describing her dreams in THE LAST IMAGE (Judith Zdesar, 2020)...
https://letterboxd.com/film/the-last-image-2020/
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

DREAM #8

i dreamt tonight.
in my dream, i was lying in bed and was trying to fall asleep.
suddenly, i started to feel the presence of another person in the room.
the person was not materialized but his/her presence was strongly felt.
he/she was coming closer and started to reveal visible features.
at first, seemed rather androgynous but after a while feminine features became predominant.
ethereal she was very cute (angelic), leaned towards me and kissed my forehead.
then my whole body started strongly quivering as if being plugged in a power socket.
as if i would become subject of high voltage electrocution cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
as my body tremor was slowly decreasing many very tiny spots started to glow all around me in the room.
it was nearly a hundred of little glowing candles and bulbs.
they were giving more and more light and made me to wake up.
i didn't take any drugs prior to going to bed, didn't drink anything inebriating, it was not a wet dream.
i was the whole day at work doing a very shitty stuff and was tired, pretty angry and frustrated (contemplating i should change my job).
-------------------------------------
additional note:
the (subsequent) whole day (not a working day) i was in a very jolly mood (so jolly i was not even hungry) and completely careless.
angelic dreamy kiss on a forehead is a "drug" i could wholeheartedly recommend.
exhausture, intense anger, and frustration might be (in sum) a doorway to "spirituality" (or somewhere).
long live annoying capitalism!
it has the potential to uplift us (keep dreaming!).
Last edited by niminy-piminy on Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
FLABREZU

Post by FLABREZU »

I had a dream where I was going past a pizza place, and I was like, "Isn't that supposed to be one of the top 10 pizza places in Vancouver?" Then I was working there and there were some weird orders coming in, but I just started working there and I didn't get any training so I didn't know where any of the ingredients were. Some of the pizzas ended up not working out and us workers were allowed to eat them, so I tried some weird calzone thing but all it had in it was some weird white sauce so I stopped after one bite. Eventually orders stopped coming in so everyone except for me went to sleep, but then the manager came in and started yelling about how the screensaver was on on the computer and there could be online orders coming in. I said that I was new so it wasn't my fault, and when I moved the mouse there were over 50 orders there, and someone yelled that we had to make them all in under an hour. Freaking bourgeoisie.
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

jiri kino ovalis wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:10 pm as my body tremor was slowly decreasing many very tiny spots started to glow all around me in the room.
it was nearly a hundred of little glowing candles and bulbs.
what i saw pre-last night in my dream i see now in YOUR BEST YEARS (Dominik Graf, 1999)...
(do dreams foretell to a cinephile his/her future film viewings???)
Last edited by niminy-piminy on Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

DREAM #1

the following dream is from September 2018.
it can be labeled as "report from within a black beast" or "red riding hood loose adaptation".
i came from work tired (sic!) and watched "Kamikaze 1989" which is a film by Wolf (sic!) Grem with Rainer Werner Fassbinder playing unorthodox police lieutenant.
but being really tired i had a hard time following subtitles and occasionally i had to rewind the film back, cuz i realized i lost the track.
ultimately, i felt like i will stop struggling this way and will go to sleep.
and this is what i dreamt...

it started with me being in some sort of an aqua center where i probably came to take a swim.
it was a huge complex with several pools, but most of them were out of service or not really suitable for swimming (being rather just some wellness basins with bubbles or alike).
the place was unfamiliar to me, thus i was roaming around looking for some simple pool where one could just swim and i was slightly annoyed by all the crap around.
at one point i finally noticed something which seemed like a normal pool.
but before entering the pool section someone suddenly handed me over a glass with some beverage and something inside (olive or something alike).
the aqua center was full of advertising (saying how gorgeous all the various basins are and what specific pleasures each and every can offer) and there were many hostesses (or staff ppl) luring the visitors to all these various attractions.
the person who handed me over the glass was not a hostess or a staff member, but just some visitor like me who just got rid of the glass in this way.
thus i had zero intention to drink the content (first, i didn't intend to drink before swimming, and second, it was also not obvious if the person already didn't taste it which would make me a second-mouth drinker and this was not really a tempting idea).
so while entering the pool section i just asked the pool's lifeguard or a hostess or what (some young lady which was part of the staff of the aqua center), if i can leave the glass somewhere.
suddenly, she started to shout very loud (addressing all the other visitors around as if amusing them and me making ashamed) saying something like, "you see, these assholes, they bring the shit from their shitty homes and expect to leave it here as if this place would suppose to be a garbage can or a dumpsite. these assholes are completely shameless, thinking that we are supposed to withstand any sort of nasty behavior just because they are clients here."
i felt highly embarrassed but enraged as well and started to argue with the lady that i didn't bring the glass from home and thus i don't want to leave my own shit in their place. it is rather a shit which was imposed on me in their shitty enterprise and i just want to get rid of it, cuz i don't give a fuck about this kind of customer service.
the lady then gave me a smile as if saying, "don't worry" (as if her prior shouting was just some well-intended joke which i took a bit too seriously) and offered me as welcome gifts (instead of a welcome drink probably usual in the other parts of the aqua center) half-cut (sic!) hazelnut (i had no idea why the hazelnut was half-cut but i understood it was maybe to demonstrate there is no worm inside), then something i don't remember anymore (some little delicates) and then finally few little pieces of extra quality french cheese (this was her description of the cheese).
i took all this somewhat hesitantly cuz i was still somewhat upset with the prior "bad joke" nuisance and thus the hostess lady also embraced me warmly, inserted a kiss on my cheek, and smiled on me as if saying "peace bro".
i was very surprised by all this sudden unprofessional familiarity, following the prior unprofessional customer shaming.
but all i just wanted was to finally get some swim so i moved on towards the pool with half-cut hazelnut, some already forgotten delicates, and few little pieces of french extra quality cheese in my hands (i hesitated to taste anything of this and also hesitated to ask anyone if i could leave it somewhere).
but then i was stopped by another member of the staff who was saying that unfortunately the pool only started to become filled with new fresh water and thus swimming (in newly filled and thus very cold water) will be possible only within few hours (after the pool gets fully filled).
i didn't intend to wait few hours for swimming in cold water so i asked where i can just leave the fucking aqua center (it was not obvious where the exit door is situated).
the staff member said that unfortunately, the only way is to walk through the empty (in last lowest portion already somewhat filled) pool and thus reach the exit.
the pool had several levels each connected with a slippery slope (you had to go down on a slippery slope, reach a horizontal level, and then again go down on the next slippery slope to the next horizontal level, and repeat this few times until reaching the very bottom level of the pool where there was already some water about up to the knees and then one had to climb up the pool's ladder and then move towards the exit of the aqua center — almost like a Dantesque journey through the underworld).
as i walked downwards inside the pool (moving to exit) i noticed many nasty items around (all kinds of garbage) which made me recall the "bad joke" shouts of the hostess at the entry space (all the garbage around was probably the reason why she shouted what she shouted).
the floor of the pool was covered with all kinds of junk, rubble and i even noticed some excrements.
i was completely flabbergasted such items are ignored by the staff and the pool is (regardless of the shit inside) being happily filled with new fresh water.
then i also noticed that passing through the pool was besides me also some lady with a dog.
i could not understand how the staff can allow entering inside the pool anyone with a pet animal.
the dog was happily running around back and forth and to my annoyance wanted to make friends with me.
he sat on the upper portion of my feet (my insteps), preventing me to move on, and started to pose like he wants to take a picture with me.
the lady owner said something like "oh, this is great! pls, stand still for a moment", pulled out a camera, and made a picture of me with her fucking dog.
she noticed i am annoyed and thus further said something like, "it's reddish hair sausage dog".
as if it was supposed to be an extraordinarily rare race of sausage dogs and thus i should feel flattered to be portrayed with this exceptional wonder of nature.
but it was not the only dog inside the pool.
suddenly, started to run around a huge black hairless dog with a huge mouth.
it was actually hard to say it's a regular dog,
it seemed rather like a mixture of a dog and a hippo with a face somewhat human-like.
i am not completely sure now (in retrospect) but maybe the beast could even speak (or in any case it was making grimaces which were very "communicative" — like a good silent film era actor who can express many things non-verbally just via the expression of his face).
the black creature was in a jolly mood, very playful and often opening its huge toothless mouth as if wanting to play the game "jonah & whale" or "lion & tamer" (teasing this way the ppl who were passing through the pool).
there was one merry guy who understood the teasing and playfully placed half of his corpse inside the toothless open mouth of the black half-dog-half-hippo creature.
and suddenly to the shock of all of us standing around the guy slipped inside the black creature completely.
i became motionless (petrified) by the sudden turn of the situation.
at that moment my dream switched from the narrative-feature-film-mode to the educational-animated-movie-mode.
i saw the drawing of the black half-dog-half-hippo creature half-cut (i could see the whole inside body of the black beast as if in a cross-section plan).
and suddenly i started to hear also a voiceover explaining to me the whole situation saying something like, "if a human happens to fall inside the black beast, he falls through the throat into the stomach. at the very bottom, the stomach is filled with digestive juices which are very aggressive and within a short time, they can dissolve the human completely. the only chance to escape the dissolution is to regain the consciously quickly (it is usually lost during falling inside the beast to its stomach) and getting out of the digestive juices as soon as possible, quickly climb up the throat and jump out of the mouth. if all of this doesn't happen fast, poor "jonah" is lost forever."
while hearing all the above, i was watching the animation of a person falling into the digestive juices and then climbing out of the stomach (i.e. all that was said in a voiceover was accompanied with the animation taking place within the cross-section of the animal).
meanwhile listening to the voiceover and looking at the animation, i realized there is a clear parallel of this story with me inside the near-empty pool.
that i am supposed to pass through the "water" (the equivalent of the digestive juice within the black beast) which is (on the very bottom of the pool) rising up (reaching about up to the knees now) rather fast and then to climb up the pool's ladder, and rush towards the exit.
if i succeeded to do so, or i got dissolved, i can't tell cuz i suddenly woke up.
Last edited by niminy-piminy on Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:33 am, edited 10 times in total.
Lencho of the Apes

Oh, man, Jiri, that's lovely. It's rare that I can remember dreams in that kind of detail.
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

it's rare for me too. it was because i woke up in the middle of the night from this dream and was fully awake without any scope to fall asleep again, so i got up to write down the dream (still being able to remember it in detail) and i hoped i will get sleepy while doing so (to be able to go back to bed). it is the only instance i was writing down the dream in the middle of the night (between two phases of sleep).
Lencho of the Apes

Last night's dream: for some reason, I was expected to study four websites devoted to Romeo And Juliet and report on their contents.The best part was when I interpreted some scattered hints and runic utterances on one page and understood that the authors were abandoning their Shakespearian project to play in a band called Cockwind.

The R&J stuff turned up again in a different dream six hours later that had more narrative content... but I forgot it immediately on awakening, I could feel my brain resetting for"consciousness" and couldn't do a damn thing about it.I hope it wasn't important.
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

Lencho of the Apes wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:34 pm to play in a band called Cockwind.
ha, now i am entertaining myself with the idea that "cockwind" entered your subconscious due to you being able to telepathically sense my recent conversation with a Prague co-resident (an American citizen) which was going as follows...
me: It's a pity, traditional White House pets are some stupid dogs and not roosters. The whole succession dilemma might have already been solved via the White House pet-cock fight. Unfortunately, Balinese voodoo and cockfighting is still exempt from Amerikkkan cultural appropriation.

she: American presidents used to be manly and duel out accusations of thievery, wife-beating or incest. Cockfights are too obvious. https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles ... 96ZFtHoj1Y

me: "his gun only fell to the half-cocked position", "re-cocking his pistol, he aimed and fired" = it is obvious these duels were actually cockfights. tradition must go on!

she: Mutual Combat is still allowed by law in a handful of US states. In such cases, both parties agree to a fight by drawing up a contract or by informing a police officer and having them be present during the cock fight.
Lencho of the Apes

I can think of few people I'd rather have a telepathic link with.

For some reason, at one point in the early 80s I had two t-shirts promoting cockfighting in the Philippines; I wore one of them one day and one of my anarchist buddies thought I was making clever reference to a coup (or something) that had taken place there the day before.
nrh

Post by nrh »

Lencho of the Apes wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:34 pm in a band called Cockwind.
sounds like an affectionate nick-name for hawkwind's chronicles of the black sword period.
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

i see, this world is subconsciously and digitaly too interconnected for any coup to be even possible.
ppl would have to be clearly divided at the first place, so the one party could overthrow the other.
but in this interconnected fabric coup winners and coup losers would be ultimately standing on both sides which makes the coup an absurd undertaking.
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

DREAM #9

today morning i came home from the night shift, went to bed, after about 4 hours of sleep was awakened by someone in the house drilling into the wall, it stopped within about 10-15 min, i fell asleep again and was dreaming. it was not one "consistent" narrative but rather a series of vignettes. i remember the initial and concluding part, can't recall the middle...

the dream starts with me being on a visit at my sis place.
we had some small talk chat (or what) and then (probably prior to lunch) i went out for a little stroll.
but soon i lost my way.
i am passing through some industrial suburb (not-realistic cuz my sis lives in a village) and going more and more astray.
finally, i reach some spot (obviously a central part of another village) with a tourist board which displays a map of the whole region.
i see i am in the village called XYZ (i don't remember the name, but it was quite an unusual word and none place of this name is in real in the region).
i see on the map my sis place is not far away and i convince myself it won't be a big deal to get back.
as i am reading the map, some girl is passing by (going from a local grocery store or what) and (considering me a tourist) addresses me.
she asks if i came to the place to take a swim in the local nation-wide famous lake with the tide (a lake with the tide strong as on a sea).
i look at her in disbelief, so she suggests to me to follow her.
she has a cool house at the edge of the lake and the shore is truly being hit repetitively by the sea-like tide.
the dream is taking place in early spring or late autumn (not sure now) so it is too cold for swimming.
she suggests i can come in summer and be her guest.
then she adds, "even Magor is coming here regularly."
i am puzzled, cuz i know Magor (the well-known figure from the local underground and dissent, nicknamed "Magor") is dead already for several years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Martin_Jirous
she is puzzled i seem puzzled and asks, "don't you know Magor?"
i reply, "ofc i do, but he is dead already."
it makes her upset, she starts swearing at me and it is obvious her summer invitation is no longer valid.
then another guy appears (probably her partner) and says, "Magor is really dead," upon which she includes in her swearing even him.
so, i am leaving.

then several loosely interconnected adventures (taking place while i was trying to go back to my sis place) occured but i can't recall them.

then i am sitting in a train, listening to two guys (one of them being my classmate from secondary school) speaking rather harshly about some girl.
then i understand the subject of their harsh conversation is the girl (with a house near a lake with sea tide) i had the privilege to meet recently.
and then i notice she actually sits in the train nearby too, listening to the conversation about her and being rather amused.
i want to make it explicit to my classmate that the subject of his rude talk is actually sitting nearby but then i grasp all three of them know each other and this is just their common way of joking, so i stay mute.
then my classmate says today is his birthday and wants all of us to "drink to his health".
he says he has two liqueurs which can be either consumed mixed together, or separately.
and also starts to describe the trippy influence those liqueurs have.
he says that mixture makes you go nuts and swear heavily at your employer.
i think, "i can swear at my employer well even being sober", so i decide to drink liqueurs separately.
i don't listen to him anymore and drink the first one.
it make me to feel i am growing taller and taller and taller and i see all which is around me from an aerial perspective.
my prolonged body becomes a tall sight-seeing tower, but the effect is very short-lived and very soon i am back in my usual stature.
before drinking the other liqueur i notice the long hair on the head of the girl, who was also supposed to toast to a birthday of my classmate, are standing upright, it looks funny and everyone around is amused by the look.
so, it is obvious what the effect of the other liqueur is and i drink it.
i feel hair on my head is starting to levitate, i raise my hands to verify and they are really spread all around my head as if denying the gravity.
then our train reaches the terminal station which is not my sis place (no wonder, cuz there is no railway there in real) but Prague.
i am back in Prague and i hear the rumor in the city occurred floods.
i go to the center to see the extent of these floods.
i see some ppl on the roof of the public building, so i go there too to have a better look.
from above, i see some ppl wading through water which is reaching up to their neck.
then i notice on the roof a girl with (seemingly) all her belongings.
probably anything and everything she was able to save from her flooded flat.
and she is brushing her teeth.
probably had to rush from her flat fast without being able to finish her morning hygiene routine.
then she goes to the brink of the roof and spits out her full mouth of toothpaste foam below.
i look down and at the exact spot, where the full mouth toothpaste foam lands, is swimming in the water (flooded river) some lady.
naturally, she gets very angry and starts to swear, shouting, "people are dirty pigs!" which made me to wake up.
Last edited by niminy-piminy on Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.