Television

rischka

Re: Television

Post by rischka »

ha yeah prime has probably got me til i watch mad men. the thick of it looks good too, thx. i keep forgetting about it

arrested development i saw the first run before it got cancelled - was afraid to try the revival! but i will at some point when i feel like paying netflix
:lboxd: + ICM + :imdb:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

CAUTION: woman having opinions
MrCarmady

Post by MrCarmady »

Blasted through all of Firefly with my girlfriend over the last few weeks, really enjoyable throughout.
"...have you actually seen any movies?" ~ DT
:lboxd: ICM
rischka

Post by rischka »

MrCarmady wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:46 pm Blasted through all of Firefly with my girlfriend over the last few weeks, really enjoyable throughout.
i think i watched this when it came out! i remember nothing about it lol

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

OK after one season of mad men I get why men are so pissed off now 😆 good show. Love the soundtrack

Women are woke and we're not going back to sleep!

PS - watching the americans while trump is under indictment for stealing classified docs and storing them in a bathroom at his beach club - 'THE AMERICANS' WOULD HAVE 100% KILLED PEOPLE FOR SUCH INFO - but now they can just walk right in! if this is good or bad i dunno :| depends on your point of view i suppose

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... sm-is-lie/
“In the ’70s, women were given all sorts of lies,” she continued. “They just told us, ‘Well, you can be a man.’ And I guess we’ve kind of accomplished that. But are we happier?”

The attendees couldn’t speak from experience, having been born in the ’90s and 2000s. But Clark, who just turned 30, was very sure the answer was no. “What I’m here to tell you is, if you were to just go back to biblical roots in what God had designed for women to do, we will be happier,” she told them.
apparently some women are going back to sleep.... :cry: 'be feminine not feminist' - turning point usa

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

i'm in season 4 and i see jon hamm has married his costar at the finale location in big sur :lol: a special mad men easter egg just for me ♥

ps: i hope it turns out better than when he married his secretary

ANTIFA 4-EVA

pabs

Post by pabs »

I started watching the first series (or "season" as yanks would call it) of ONLY MURDERS IN THE BUILDING.

Two episodes in and it's fun. And also well made in every way.
nrh

Post by nrh »

loved vishal bhardwaj's agatha christie adaptation charlie chopra & the mystery of solang valley, which is a surprisingly classical minded whodunnit. probably the least essential thing vb has made, but sometimes you just want to see a host of incredible character actors in incredible winter wear suspecting each other of the death of their despised wealthy relative.

and wamiq gadi as charulata "charlie" chopra is just great; hope they make a dozen more of these.
rischka

Post by rischka »

watching for all mankind season 4 the timeline where gore won :cry: we have a mars colony in 2003 and can mine asteroids

ANTIFA 4-EVA

pabs

Post by pabs »

Best TV series I watched in 2023:

The Bear Season 1 (2022)
Shrinking Season 1 (2023)
The White Lotus Season 2 (2023)
Only Murders in the Building Season 1 (2020)
Only Murders in the Building Season 2 (2022)
Call My Agent (aka "Dix pour cent") Season 1 (2015)
Andor Season1 (2022)
Girls and Boys: Sex and British Pop (2005)
rischka

Post by rischka »

https://www.youtube.com/@Taskmaster

all 16 seasons of this UK comedy show are free on youtube!! british comedians have funny accents :D

there's also nz, norwegian, danish and swedish versions!

now that it's ended i'm embarking on reservation dogs - since my apache friends loved it ♥

hmm

ha!

ANTIFA 4-EVA