SCFZ poll: Mamoru Oshii

wba

Re: SCFZ poll: Mamoru Oshii

Post by wba »

I vote for Dallos (1983) as our no.10
"I too am a child burned by future experiences, fallen back on myself and already suspecting the certainty that in the end only those will prove benevolent who believe in nothing." – Marran Gosov

Post by ... »

The only one I've seen that's missing is Stray Dog: Kerberos Panzer Cops and it was okay, but if someone else has a better choice that'd be fine with me. (Well, there was also the remade Ghost in the Shell, but we can probably skip that.)
john ryan

Post by john ryan »

The only other two I've seen, I would rank in this order:

1. Stray Dog: Kerberos Panzer Corps
2. Urusei Yatsura: Only You
:lboxd:
thoxans

Post by thoxans »

has this poll been closed? been leaving up the link on the banner cuz i wasn't sure
flip

Post by flip »

oh yeah, i forgot we needed to add the 10th place film. based on the informal voting for the final spot, i decided to make it a tie between dallos and straydog, so now the poll results are final
flip

Post by flip »

and i haven't posted any director polls to letterboxd for a while, and i think i'll hold off another couple of weeks to add any more (and then will do a dozen at once), just so the big 2010s poll and the 2019 poll (to come) both stay at the top of my polls list in my profile, those are the polls i'd most like visitors to my profile to see right now
flip

Post by flip »