Dreams

Lencho of the Apes

Re: Dreams

Post by Lencho of the Apes »

Last night I was piloting a tiny helicopter with four schoolchildren; we drove around the corner of a parking structure and they oohed and ahhed at the view, like it was a spectacular tracking shot.
The opposite of 'reify' is... ?
rischka

Post by rischka »

a bunch of weird mutant animals showed up and started attacking my friends. people kept disappearing and then i saw them being dragged into a barn. i was trying to warn others but they didn't believe me! the weirdest part was - i kept telling myself not to be scared - it's only a dream! this is something that has happened to me before inside nightmares but i haven't had one in quite awhile. i wonder if this is about the whales lol
:lboxd: + ICM + :imdb:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

CAUTION: woman having opinions
rischka

Post by rischka »

tiny helicoptor sounds fun

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Lencho of the Apes

Yours sounds properly scary...
rischka

Post by rischka »

when i thought abt it later it was like that movie the mist or the fog maybe - the ocean :O

it was funny i kept calmly telling myself it was a dream. i didn't try to awake that i remember (it's happened before tho)

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Lencho of the Apes

Stupidly Freudian last night,but I. Am. Not. Ashamed.

I was outdoors somewhere, hilltop vibe, with someone I felt a filial attachment toward... but he disappointed me by putting all is attention toward a mother rabbit and her newborns that he was carrying in a wooden box. Later I was somewhere else, different hilltop? with a young woman in a diaphanous yellow dress and a man I was supposed to call "Master." I could barely get the word out; the woman said it very easily, and started dancing to mock my reluctance. She danced away into the distance, and Mr. Master used an oversized pepper grinder to sprinkle me with wood shavings.
sally

Post by sally »

amazing :)
rischka

Post by rischka »

i was at a resort with people (who used to be my family) and lost all my stuff LOL i was having a panic attack as i had nothing to wear and couldn't go out and they were laughing at me. a vacation stress dream. unbelievable

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

maybe time to watch the white lotus :p

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Lencho of the Apes

Can't remember a damn thing from last night, but there was a synth duo called Boulez Vous. I thought that was cute.
rischka

Post by rischka »

i dreamed i was levitating and i woke up laughing! there was more but as soon as i thought i need to write it down it disappeared poof. it was fun tho

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

now i know. it was 'that day' :lol:

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

Dreamed abt zatoichi - a sign it's time to stop now 😅

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Lencho of the Apes

Dreamed I was getting ready to go to a rock and roll club, the bands that were playing were called Classroom In Chaos and The Nixon Agenda... but somehow I ended up watching a guy doing bagpipe drones on an accordeon.
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

Lencho of the Apes wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:49 pm Dreamed I was getting ready to go to a rock and roll club, the bands that were playing were called Classroom In Chaos and The Nixon Agenda... but somehow I ended up watching a guy doing bagpipe drones on an accordeon.
reading this ↑ made me instantly think of this ↓ post from the "Concerts" thread
Lencho of the Apes wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:07 am That looks like so much fun fun fun fun!
niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

I dreamt Sally was describing me a film she watched. It was some plot with a hero, an eccentric nobleman who was actually (in real) a spider, living in a castle that was actually (in real) a spiderweb. She also said there is a whole genre that is characteristic by this type of hero (character) and the genre is called "ecramutism". I woke up from the dream around 5am and I knew if I don't write down the word I will forget. So I wrote it down in my phone. When I woke up again later, I ofc didn't recall the term but I found in my phone a note "ecramutism".
sally

Post by sally »

:D

although if i was dreaming about giant spider men i would be 'describing' it to you via a scream....
Lencho of the Apes

I experienced sleep paralysis last night for the first time. Scary stuff! Distorted, disembodied voices 'from somewhere' and i felt a hostile presence that I couldn't rouse my faculties to deal with... plus an anamorphic image of myself all panic-ridden, something like the poster for Prince Of Darkness.
Lencho of the Apes

These three were all last night..,

#1 started out with me reading a magazine article about some transwoman who long ago got arrested in the Sex Pistols boat-on-the-Thames incident, with a real-life transwoman (sex-worker styling) looking over my shoulder and saymg "Oh, I remember her!" I pointed out a paragraph that gave title n publisher for a book she had written, and girlfriend was interested enough to note down the stats. Then there was a clumsy narrative transition to a modern-day incident of State Violence against Sex Pistols; I can't remember what connection there was between what i saw and what it represented to me, but what I saw was a single guy doing something in a boxing ring, with police officers suppressing him. There were a number of concerned citizens witnessing whatever might go down, and the police soon ran riot on us to the point where I was supporting two injured people with their arms over my shoulders, helping them to safety, and I was all "It's time to start activisting!" to the people around us. We seemed to be moving toward some meeting hall where we'd be able to testify to each other and form plans of action. At this point, I couldn't tell if it an LGBTQ issue of some kind or a racial justice one... but I was primed to agitate.

I was helping to prep for the opening of a restaurant. Andres Soler was the owner. I realized I didn't have my waiter uniform, or any clothes beyond a pair of blue jeans I was wearing -- it was like a work anxiety dream, except I was so IDGAF that it turned into comedy. "Don't worry, the other guys'll help you get yourself set up, even if you have to rent some clothes from them," the manager told me. I was on my way upstairs to the laundry room to see if I couldn't piece something together, when a grease-fire broke out in the kitchen and I had to run to help get that under control. I realized I thought the dining room looked absolutely awful, it was all old wood and candles and a blazing fireplace, the kind of design that hadn't been popular since like the 1940s. Customers started coming in, and they seemed to be responding positively, though, so I stopped worrying. Madame Society-Snoot and her five-ish granddaughter engaged me in conversation while I was trying to hide my half-nakedness; the little girl said "... but he's a champer, so it was okay!" and grandma asked "Wait... what's a champer?" "It's... like... he escaped from Tyrannia, so he's a hero, but he's such a cool dude about it that it's all just a big joke to him, and that makes him a champer."

Fade-out.

#3, just when I was ready to get up and start the day:
I was onboard a Greyhound bus with about four other people, waiting to go somewhere. A sixth passenger boarded; he seemed to have a phone hidden in his fist, and a military/pilot kind of cap resting on top of it. "Asi es, estamos solitos, nomas tu y yo' ('we;re all alone, just you and me") he said, and he started making slurpy-smoochy noises against his hand, as if he were making out with some person wearing the pilot-cap. Some kinda phone-sex...
rischka

Post by rischka »

your dreams are so exciting lencho. i almost never remember more than a sketch and details fade very fast. i'll remember thinking 'i'll remember this...'

it's maddening :p do you write it down right away? remembering 3 dreams in one night is amazing to me

re: sleep paralysis. it happened to me once. i'll never forget it. no voices but i could not move at all for what seemed like 10 minutes but prolly more like 1 min

terrifying

edit: reading back in the thread was fun :) i like this thread

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Lencho of the Apes

I try to write something down or concentrate on enough salient details that I can recreate it later. If I don't go back and fill in the details, sometimes my journal entries look like this:

9/1
Black Jane. Three-legged stool. Proboscis.

9/3
Me, mumsy, an imaginary sister, miau

"miau" was an imaginary father who was crawling in the grass with his big bristly striking red moustache brushing against it, saying 'meow-meow-meow-meow-meow-meow' for some reason I can't remember. The rest of the dream was a series of misunderstandings between mom n myself that each got resolved when one or the other found out a detail about the subject at hand they hadn't previously known. Then there was a wad of fifties and hundreds that sis was trying to grab away from me...

Three in one night was amazing to me too; I'm not having as much success the last night or two. Maybe it was a transitory fever thing.

Reading up on sleep paralysis, apparently 20% of people experience it at one time or another. Said to be stress-related. The popular neuroscience writers need to find an alternative to saying 'sleep demons', cuz those fundies take that literally.
rischka

Post by rischka »

i dreamed someone i knew was pregnant by elvis. not sure if this was in the past or a ghost situation... there was more but i forgot

not sleeping well lately but my favorite season is here and i can leave windows open at night

ANTIFA 4-EVA

rischka

Post by rischka »

honestly surprised i didn't have this dream

:lol: i'm done w these now i'll watch something else :lol:

this box was an excellent investment ♥♥♥♥♥♥

ANTIFA 4-EVA

Lencho of the Apes

Early this morning, those rascally republicans sabotaged a presidential address by planting a smoke machine behind the podium, as a visible symbol of the fog that Biden speaks from within.
rischka

Post by rischka »

we can rework this into 'smokin joe biden' 8-)

lately my dreams are of a fuzzy animal trying to stick it's head under my hand

i saw no one chose waking life for 2001 but the recent news item about a pilot trying to shut down the engines during a flight makes me wonder if he's seen this film. his shrooms trip lasted 5 days and he said it felt just like dreaming. he was trying to wake up. the sad part is pilots are afraid to seek mental health help because they'll be grounded so he was trying alternative therapy. his career is over anyway. and he's being charged with 83 counts of attempted murder

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/pil ... nic-dream/

i myself have looked for a light switch (as someone in the film says it's how to determine if you're dreaming)

ANTIFA 4-EVA

niminy-piminy

Post by niminy-piminy »

Lencho of the Apes

I woke up on the pavement, between two parked cars. No idea where I was, and I had no shoes on. I started talking to two college-boy types; I explained my situation (for some reason I told them I had gone to sleep in Culiacan Sinaloa) and asked questions. They told me I was in Guatemala, the local merchants only accepted quetzales, it was too late in the day to find a a bank or currency exchange, and I didn't need to worry about warmer clothes overnight. Wandered some, found my way to a nightclubby environment, asked more questions of a young woman there. The town was called Valle De Something Something, and we were very close to Guatemala City. "Walking distance?" I asked, and she answered that it was 20-60 miles away. I thought about going off and trying to hitchhike or something -- if I got to the capitol, I could look up old friend David Gonzalez cuz I thought I'd be able to remember his "back-home" address... or there'd be an embassy I could go to,... so I wandered away from town, saw some glorious landscapes. The sun had gone down, I had socks on now; I didn't find the highway, got confused about how to get back into town, and ended up looking at a fancy neoclassical building with a huge lawn, and one man standing posed near the building like he was an official of some kind there. The end. After I woke up, I felt like that last guy had been some kind of spirit guide and I should have approached him.
Lencho of the Apes

Glenn Danzig had a big pair of scissors and he was getting ready to mutilate the original art for a Krazy Kat Sunday page.
Lencho of the Apes

I was talking to somebody; I looked closer and saw that he had a bullet-hole just under his hairline, disguised with make-up.
Lencho of the Apes

I was at a ski lodge with four or five siblings. We were planning to kill the oldest brother.